The new Technics sp 10R details .PDF

Bill Is a great Guy, here in Buffalo he was super casual just wearing shorts and a hawaiian shirt . He has some un opened wax with him, has he opened them up yet?

Nashou

Check out this video clip at our Technics SL-1000R listening party.

Here's a couple pics:

tn_480_ea23929d5b8ace23f40fbb935d095cd0.JPG.png

tn_480_4b127d9c2461c91b7b5999e0442a44dd.jpg.png
So, what was the general consensus on the performance of the SL1000R?

Can't agree ^ more! Yes, Bill opened a brand new record that was originally purchased in 1959 and it played beautifully. Here's a pic of Bill opening the record:

23ff1f8bd1eaa013eb9df3a2a0187e62.jpg

So, what was the general consensus on the performance of the SL1000R?

We had a nice turnout, including some recording engineers and of course, everyone was a serious 2-channel/vinyl enthusiasts. Several folks brought their own records that we played.

The overwhelming consensus was excellent. Some comments were, I have never hear my record with so much detail and clarity. Other's just said OMG, that's beautiful and one person described the audio fidelity as crystal clear clarity. The recording engineer called it studio quality and others said they closed their eyes and easily thought the performance was live and acoustic, e.g. not amplified.

We had a nice turnout, including some recording engineers and of course, everyone was a serious 2-channel/vinyl enthusiasts. Several folks brought their own records that we played.

The overwhelming consensus was excellent. Some comments were, I have never hear my record with so much detail and clarity. Other's just said OMG, that's beautiful and one person described the audio fidelity as crystal clear clarity. The recording engineer called it studio quality and others said they closed their eyes and easily thought the performance was live and acoustic, e.g. not amplified.
Thanks for the commentary. Can’t wait until until the tables arrive into western Canada.

Thanks for the conversation and music today, Robert - had a great time! Looking forward to spending more time with the 10R.

Why are the armboards so expensive? Isn't it just a piece of steel with a hole drilled in it? $10,000 for a motor unit is one thing, but am I misunderstanding something about the arm board. Also, why does it have no rumble specs?

Why are the armboards so expensive? Isn't it just a piece of steel with a hole drilled in it? $10,000 for a motor unit is one thing, but am I misunderstanding something about the arm board. Also, why does it have no rumble specs?
Well as for as I'm aware, armboards don't need to publish rumble specs.

Well as for as I'm aware, armboards don't need to publish rumble specs.

That is true. I was referring to the main motor unit where they are conspicuously absent—especially considering the SP-10 mk. III has some of the best rumble specs ever (-93dB, but I'm not sure of the weighting).

MSRP for the SP-10R/SL1000R arm board is $1,299. I'll get the rumble specs and post back here.

Excellent. I am curious to see what they are. I am probably not in the demographic to be buying a SP-10R so I guess I doesn't really doesn't matter. I am just curious to see how much better the new SP-10 is. I'd be surprised if the specs weren't better—the new SP-10 does seem to have a lot of damping.

I'm not proud to say it, but I used to make a living from low-level assassinations but pleased to say I gave it up years ago. However, I had a call the other day trying to get me to do "one more job" and that they'd pay me in unmarked money etc. Initially I said I wasn't interested but after them pleading, I told them I'd do one more but didn't want any money. The organisation was surprised and asked me:

"Well what do you want, then?"

To which I told them that I wanted a brand new Technics SL-1000R. They said they'd call me back within 5 minutes....

....four days later, I still haven't heard from them ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom