The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal

IMG_4329.JPG IMG_4329.JPG IMG_4332.JPG
Saw them in Madison Wi a few years back. Small bar only around 100 people.Everyone thought they were done every one left except for about 20 of us
They came back one and played a half hour more it was totally awesome.

index.php
index.php
index.php

Saw them in Madison Wi a few years back. Small bar only around 100 people.Everyone thought they were done every one left except for about 20 of us
They came back one and played a half hour more it was totally awesome.
:bowdown:
Thank you Tony for all the contributions tonight.
We do love our Raven here on the NWOBHM thread. Wish I could have been there with you that night at the show.
I haven't seen them for over thirty years now, but the memories are scorched on my brain.
010.jpg

:bowdown:
Thank you Tony for all the contributions tonight.
We do love our Raven here on the NWOBHM thread. Wish I could have been there with you that night at the show.
I haven't seen them for over thirty years now, but the memories are scorched on my brain.
010.jpg

F: "Love for Raven", @ this thread, might just be the greatest understatement in the 16+ year existence of these forums.

Lucked out and found a super-nice vinyl rip (Neat, Holland, 1986) of this gem, am hearing Side A now, will likely play through to end of Side B tonight, then play the whole durned thing again, in its entirety, tomorrow:

View attachment 1390042
View attachment 1390043
View attachment 1390044

I've really enjoyed what I've heard thus far.

Made it through all four "sides" today w/ no one around to interfere with my listening. It was a gloriously satisfying -- and thunderous -- listening experience. Looking forward to doing it again.

Yes, Raven is a cool band.For sure and very nice guys as well.
I have just found out about this band from a friend of mine tonight. Have you hear of them? I ordered this one.
View attachment 1390730
Hey it's produced by Chrs Tsangarides. That gives it a good chance of sounding very NWOBHM authentic.
I think it sounds like a fun album. Gonna look into Roxxcalibur when I get a chance. I know I've heard at least one song from them. Don't recall what they were covering, but did justice to the song

Me as well. Cant wait to get it. My friend told me about another one as well. Atomkraft. But I did not order it. It sounds good as well.
I hope you read through this whole thread? There are certainly better albums to buy than covers bands, not that you cannot spend your money on anything you want to of course. Check out High Roller records catalogue, they have done tons of NWOBHM stuff. Depending on what is in print at any given moment you can buy quite a lot of it at the Hells Headbangers webshop.

Yikes -- the stuff of (usually specific) artist-oriented "tribute" acts (hundreds out doing AC/DC, Floyd, Rush, etc.) @ small- & medium-sized clubs. Not pour moi.
I dislike covers and usually skip them on most any album that has one. There are some small exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom