The new X files

Anyone catch the guy wearing the Make America Great Again hat in the last episode, The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat? Gotta love FOX!

XFiles_c120-0-898-454_s885x516.jpg

I have not been able to get past episode 1. It's plodding and disjointed like trying to walk through a vat of syrup while someone is flashing strobe lights in your eyes. Hopefully the second episode will be better.

I found that the first episode was pretty awful, like old X-Files on speed with no conviction. After that I read some reviews that said it got better and I am pleased to report it does. Worth sticking with if you are a fan though I could see them losing anyone who was not one already. The Reggie episode was brilliant, written by the man who has penned most of their best episodes, Darin Morgan.

So now they've addressed the question of the missing Scully/Mulder son. And a visit from another old character who I thought was long dead in the original run.

I have not been able to get past episode 1. It's plodding and disjointed like trying to walk through a vat of syrup while someone is flashing strobe lights in your eyes. Hopefully the second episode will be better.
Yep, we somehow missed episode 1, and our friends say Ep01 was Garbage, and we are better off without it ...
ep 2- now have been pretty darned good - even ghouli!
And - Stuart Margolis! I remeber Angel on Rockford - but didn't clock him as Dr Thay ...
but I looked, and he's apparenly 78, so - it fits - nice homage getting him a part!

Last edited:
The last episode was pretty good. The Ferry where that episode takes place is called the Queen of Sidney
It was commissioned in 1960 and retired in the latter 2000's.
The property where the ferry is located is owned by a weird man who collects junk. The ferry itself is full of miscellaneous stuff such as vehicle's, antiques and junk

first episode (this season) was okay. left stuff hanging.
2nd was good. good to see Langley again. lots of plot holes (spoiler alert) (they just left the servers where anyone could walk in? Scully just happened to have a key to shut them down?)
3rd? meh.
4th: classic. does to the show what 'Jose Chung' did to the whole UFO mythos.

I vaguely remember Stuart Margolin in a small role in Kelly's Heroes. (what a cast)

IIRC the Barbara Hershey character sort of casually mentioned that the aliens were no longer interested in Earth (a warming planet with diminishing resources) which sort of blows the whole show out of the water. I mean, that was the basic premise and now, poof, no more aliens?
so I guess the big thing now is elitists fighting for control

Personally, I liked the series better when the two mains were kinda separate. But now, it seems to be turning into a Soap, with each worrying about the other.

Q

... but did neither justice ...

I still have nightmares about Jacob's Ladder, having done time in the VA system ... AND the post office! :eek:

Still prefer the old series. Lucky me, local station still runs it regularly. Tonite had one of my favorite exchanges ...

Scully: [holding an Apollo 11 keychain] I actually was thinking about this gift that you gave me for my birthday. You never got to tell me why you gave it to me or what it means, but I think I know. I think that you appreciate that there are extraordinary men and women and extraordinary moments when history leaps forward on the backs of these individuals, that what can be imagined can be achieved, that you must dare to dream, but that there's no substitute for perseverance and hard work and teamwork because no one gets there alone; and that, while we commemorate the greatness of these events and the individuals who achieve them, we cannot forget the sacrifice of those who make these achievements and leaps possible.

Mulder: Huh. I just thought it was a pretty cool keychain.

Back
Top Bottom