The OA

tubed

Lunatic Member
I just finished the second season of Narcos, so I guess I'll start in on The OA tonight.
fanart-original-321060-5-jpg.jpg

Without a doubt the OA on Netflix is the best television show in the few years. HBO's sci-fi re-boot "Westworld" was a sluggish bloated affair offering cybebabble and Netflixs much lauded show "Stranger things" was almost intolerable Replica of bad 80s Steven King movies and the generation of films that came earlier in the decade with jogging suits and mustaches. Stranger thing was a teleplay of plastic proportions. But back to "the OA which is the most modern and inventive sci fi I've seen in a decade, as it blends a sort of intense new age spiritualism with a traditional mad scientist premise but does it to uniquely smart and chilling effect. The villain is charming, brilliant and sane as you and I. It's battle are intellectual chess matches over years. The production is wonderful the cast is fantastic I don't know who the guy is who plays the evil doctor but he's been out overlooke I'm dictating this. But the OA is just a brilliant modern sci-fi film and I have to say I haven't been moved by anything on television for quite some time as I was by this series. You get this nice warm thoughtful glow about you watching this series because it keeps you constantly curious about what's going on it's a quite an achievement and the director is spectacular

Last edited:
I've seen four episodes.
The first episode seemed a tad ponderous but at the same time, still well made and engaging.
It's picking up and I'll stay tuned.

I enjoyed the first few episodes engaging. But as the season went on, I found myself laughing out loud at "the wrong" parts.

Really liked the series, engrossing story line with some interesting twists and turns and interesting SciFi concepts. It felt like the writers simply ran out of gas near the end. I hold off commenting further on that at this point.

Back
Top Bottom