The Odd Couple

cruisaire

PGA and Rainwater!
I know it's only a partial Mc set-up, but it is working out nicely in the office. Thanks DDArch, the Dyna is a schweet tuner! I've tried about a dozen others and this is the only tuner that grabs and holds a signal inside my office building.

It's not anymore stranger than my MC250 and my BEZ 6SN7 SRPP line stage pre, and they blend beautifully (wish I had a picture to post...they look real nice together).

Odd is right- No W.A.F. there! :p:
You keeping them on separate shelves I trust? ;)

Carl

I have the FM 3 and I love it.

I got lucky....It was listed on Ebay as a Dyna tuner and so very few audio freaks picked up on it. Got it for U$24.99 + Shipping.

They are among the best sounding tube tuners around and they perform very nicely with regard to sensitivity and selectivity. My only complaint is that mine will tend to drift a bit until thoroughly warmed up ( 5 min +/- ). In fairness it should be borne in mind that this is a 35-40 yr. old piece and is entirely original.

WAF? HAHA More like, "Boss, do you think it's cool if I keep this at the office". He sees Mc and drools! This is the office rig and she'll never see it! Well, at least not while I'm alive. After that, it won't matter. I will have to separate them, though, plenty o' heat between the 2 pieces.

Back
Top Bottom