"The Official 2017 Wisc./Northern IL AK-Meet-Gathering Thread" (Pictures Added!)

jcamero

Who are you people anyway?
I can/will host this years get together. It will be held in DELAVAN, WISCONSIN, JUNE 10TH, (but could be the 11th if a majority prefers). Time? 11:00am to ? Lunch will be provided, and I will also provide pop, water, munchies. BYOB, but I will have the first 12 pack on hand. I have an adequate amount of tables and chairs. It would not be a gathering without swap/barter, and I will start a thread in "Bartertown" as the date gets closer. I'd like a "head count" for set up and food by the 2nd of June.
Hope to see you here in June! My address will be provided via your AK INBOX.

Great. Sat or Sun should work. I can bring a few beers and contribute some lunch sides.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun, I will have to check on date, have a possible conflict with a gathering for a classic car group tentatively scheduled for the 10th .....worst case I might be able to do both
the car guys usually don't get rolling until later in the afternoon.

Jcamero, I noticed you had a dual 1229q in your signature, would you happen to have that set up for quadraphone sound?

Thanks,
Scott

Sounds like fun, I will have to check on date, have a possible conflict with a gathering for a classic car group tentatively scheduled for the 10th .....worst case I might be able to do both
the car guys usually don't get rolling until later in the afternoon.

You happen to be a "Tin Butcher"?

You happen to be a "Tin Butcher"?
I know who they are, but I'm not a member, Seems like they are mostly Rod / custom guys. I and most of my buddies are more muscle car guys, I have a 71 Cutlass S survivor with 32k original miles.

I'm not really a car guy, but those year GM's were always my favorite to look at. A Survivor like that, where did you ever find something with that low of miles? Grandma's daily driver? :D

A big heads up! Major road construction on HWY 50 in Delavan starting NOW! My house is still easily accessible, and alternate routes are available.

I'm not really a car guy, but those year GM's were always my favorite to look at. A Survivor like that, where did you ever find something with that low of miles? Grandma's daily driver? :D
It's a Georgia car found by a Milwaukee collector, who searches for original cars, he found this one and when it arrived he discovered he couldn't save the paint. You can't easily tell in the picture but it really needs paint, so he decided to peddle it.

I live on the IL/WI border, and I've decided to divest myself from 2 full rooms of vintage hi-fi and stereo. Mostly recorders of all formats. This would be a *lot* of stuff. Not sure if this would be the place, but I don't know how I'm going to get rid of this stuff with what it costs to ship. Thoughts?

I assume if like last falls get-together, when we get closer,there will eventually be a thread started in Bartertown to post items you want to sell/trade at the event. I also think you can just bring things to sell, without posting.
I sold some speakers and a Marantz last year. So it can happen. I don't want to mess with shipping either.

Last edited:
I'll get a thread going a couple of weeks prior to the 10th of June.
I assume if like last falls get-together, when we get closer,there will eventually be a thread started in Bartertown to post items you want to sell/trade at the event. I also think you can just bring things to sell, without posting.
I sold some speakers and a Marantz last year. So it can happen. I don't want to mess with shipping either.

I live on the IL/WI border, and I've decided to divest myself from 2 full rooms of vintage hi-fi and stereo. Mostly recorders of all formats. This would be a *lot* of stuff. Not sure if this would be the place, but I don't know how I'm going to get rid of this stuff with what it costs to ship. Thoughts?

You could post a few of the items here & see if there's any interest. There's generally a "for sale" table. You're pretty close to Delevan.

Back
Top Bottom