The official AK golf thread

Nice collection. That's about the same number That I have. I have a Ping, two Seemores, an old Odyssey, a Yes and then a couple really old ones.

cubdog

Missed this thread..I was looking at the Seemores in the Pro Shop recently. How do you like them? Does the " Red Mark" theory really help the alignment?

Missed this thread..I was looking at the Seemores in the Pro Shop recently. How do you like them? Does the " Red Mark" theory really help the alignment?

I think they are excellent putters. I don't have a problem with alignment but for anyone that does the line would be beneficial. I like them for their feel and the fact that I like center shafted putters. I recommend them.

cubdog

Oh my aching back! It's 46 and sunny. No snow and my back decides to act up. I could barely get my shoes on this morning so no golf for me today. :sigh:

cubdog

Cubdog, Hope your back is getting better! It is supposed to be in the high 60's in Denver Friday, but alas my back issues will keep me off the course too. Several of the courses will be open - maybe I'll go hit a few chips or putts? Why does golf have to be so hard on the back? Not fair!

Cubdog, Hope your back is getting better! It is supposed to be in the high 60's in Denver Friday, but alas my back issues will keep me off the course too. Several of the courses will be open - maybe I'll go hit a few chips or putts? Why does golf have to be so hard on the back? Not fair!

You're making me miss Denver more than I do already!

I'm lucky that I can play golf at all. My doctors tell me I can't mess it up any more than it already is. When it decides to go again, and that they tell me is inevitable, it could just as easily happen getting dressed as on the golf course.

I hope your back isn't as bad as mine is. I wouldn't wish mine back issues on my worst enemy. Take care of it so you can get out there ASAP!

cubdog

Mine is just chronic muscle spasm issues. I had my left rotator cuff repaired (huge tear) almost three years ago now, and whatever changed in my swing as I was trying to compensate or protect it now causes spasms in my right hip and mid back. I suppose that lessons are in order to "sort out" whatever I am doing wrong.

Mine is just chronic muscle spasm issues. I had my left rotator cuff repaired (huge tear) almost three years ago now, and whatever changed in my swing as I was trying to compensate or protect it now causes spasms in my right hip and mid back. I suppose that lessons are in order to "sort out" whatever I am doing wrong.

I'm glad to here it's nothing worse. I'm not making light of it though. Believe me I have sympathy for anyone with any degree of back pain.

Which courses are open BTW? I imagine Park Hill is one of them.

cubdog

I am a professional disc golfer, and have competed in 8 World Championships. I know this thread is about ball golf and I have done a little of that as well. Trust me, these two sports parallel each other in many ways. I got a rather well off friend interested in disc golf many years ago, and he installed 3 professional caliber disc courses on his property. One of the courses is a pitch and putt that is fully lighted for night play...heaven.

He just recently installed a par 3 ball golf pitch and putt that is out of this world. I'll have to post a picture of it as it is set in a valley below his back deck.

Cubdog … I live way up North (Firestone, Longmont area). The only one that I have been notified of that is planning to open is Buffalo Run (one of my favorites), but I'm sure others are opening for a while tomorrow also as it is supposed to be nice. It was nice here today also, but not quite warm enough today.

Golf in Md has been tough for the last 10 weeks. I was shooting in the mid 80's for most of the summer with my second sub 80's round in April (79) Just replaced my Titleist DCI 981 irons with Titleist 712 AP2's in October. I can't wait for warm weather. :^)
Regards,
Jim

Did somebody say Golf? On AK? Yes!! I'll be playing my regular Saturday round this weekend. If I ever had a yard sale, it would be all excess audio gear and golf clubs. Four sets of irons and counting, plus various putters, drivers, etc.
If there's any interest in a Vancouver BC AK golf outing, I'd be happy to set something up.

...Lucky, for me, Cheyenne Woods is playing well so she's getting a lot of air time. Good looking women she is. :yes:. She secured her tour card for next year at the recent LPGA qualifying tourney. I certainly like her better than her uncle.

cubdog

I met and spoke to Cheyenne twice at a tournament I officiated. She's absolutely adorable. Sweet, friendly and outgoing, and...uuuhhhh...really cute.

Oh, almost forgot; hell of a game. I saw it up close.:thmbsp:

Bob. Do I see a pic or two of Predator Ridge there? Played it in the late 90's. What other courses in the pics? I may have played them too.

Is there an unofficial AK golf tread?

I don't really play any more, but I did used to be a grounds and greens keeper years ago... So I don't feel so official..

;)

I am a professional disc golfer, and have competed in 8 World Championships. I know this thread is about ball golf and I have done a little of that as well. Trust me, these two sports parallel each other in many ways. I got a rather well off friend interested in disc golf many years ago, and he installed 3 professional caliber disc courses on his property. One of the courses is a pitch and putt that is fully lighted for night play...heaven.

He just recently installed a par 3 ball golf pitch and putt that is out of this world. I'll have to post a picture of it as it is set in a valley below his back deck.

I could probably fit a nine hole course on my property. I think I'd hate mowing around all those baskets.

cubdog

Seriously.. This is the course I worked on... I ended up being the only grounds keeper for about a year.. that was back in 81... It's long since been re-branded and re-named, but looking at Sat pictures, it's still pretty much the same. A few holes have been moved a little, but still the same club house I see..

https://www.facebook.com/52DFSSGolfCourse

Bob. Do I see a pic or two of Predator Ridge there? Played it in the late 90's. What other courses in the pics? I may have played them too.

1. Kananaskis - course was closed a couple of years ago when flooding changed the course of the river flowing through it. Same flood that hit Calgary. I can't recall what the state of it is now. I used to take an extra day on trips to Calgary to get to Kananaskis or Canmore, about an hour's drive.

2, 3, 9th and 18th holes of what is now the "Predator" course. In the past they would have been the 9th hole of the Red Tail and Osprey nines. Doug Carrick redesigned holes on the Peregrine nine (dumbed them down), and added holes to complete a second 18, the Ridge Course.

4. Tobiano, on Kamloops Lake.

Last edited:
Oregon golf lover ... Google "Tokatee Golf Club" It's a semi-local course ...$47 for 18 but it's worth it. The views are spectacular.

Hey, Cubdog ... if you ever make it up to Oregon the golf is on me, we can hang out in my mancave afterwards and drink a few "Mirror Ponds".

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom