The official AK golf thread

Thanks for the info Bob. I figured that had to be PR. I played it in 1999 ( I think it was only 18 holes then) Tobiano, Drove past it going from my daughters in Kamloops to visit friends in 100 mile last summer. At the time I thought it looked beautiful, but not a course I'd want to play in the peak of summer (no shade anywhere that I could see), because I walk my rounds. Never been a cart guy. I have a friend who moved here from Kamloops that raves about it though. Maybe next time I visit the girls.

Oregon golf lover ... Google "Tokatee Golf Club" It's a semi-local course ...$47 for 18 but it's worth it. The views are spectacular.

Hey, Cubdog ... if you ever make it up to Oregon the golf is on me, we can hang out in my mancave afterwards and drink a few "Mirror Ponds".

Cheers!

Thanks for the invitation! Sounds like fun, I'd love to take you up on it. Maybe one day. :thmbsp:

cubdog

Any thoughts on the Robert Allenby story? Random mugging, or is there more to the story? Something fishy about the reports, IMHO.

Drunken words were exchanged and he got yanked out for a thumpin'?

Drug deal gone awry?

More will come out shortly, I imagine.

The report I heard seemed odd for sure. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

cubdog

Waste Management week. Always a fun tournament. Phil, Tiger and the rest of the boys set to tee it up Thursday. I'd love to see those two in contention Sunday on the back nine. That will be an unexpected bonus however. I think they will do well if they get a top ten.

MIDWEST WEATHER UPDATE 20° with flurries :sigh:

cubdog

62 here today. Oh, and my new toy was delivered an hour ago:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150126_135128.jpg
    20150126_135128.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
One day an Irishman, who has been stranded on a desert island for over ten long years, sees an unusual speck on the horizon.

"It's certainly not a ship," he thinks to himself. As the speck gets closer and closer, he begins to rule out the possibilities of a small boat, then even a raft.

Suddenly, emerging from the surf comes a drop dead gorgeous blonde woman wearing a wet suit and scuba gear. She approaches the stunned man and says to him, "Tell me how long has it been since you've had a cigarette?"

"Ten years," replies the Irishman. With that, she reaches over and unzips a waterproof pocket on her left sleeve and pulls out a pack of fresh cigarettes. He takes one, lights it, takes a long drag and says, "Faith and begorah! Is that good!"

"And how long has it been since you've had a sip of good Irish Whiskey?" she asks him. Trembling, the castaway replies, "Ten years." She reaches over, unzips her right sleeve, pulls out a flask and hands it to him. He opens the flask, takes a long swig and says, "T'is absolutely fantastic!"

At this point she starts slowly unzipping the long zipper that runs down the front of her wet suit, looks at the man and asks, "And how long has it been since you've played around?"

With tears in his eyes, the man falls to his knees and sobs, "Oh, Sweet Jesus! Don't tell me you've got golf clubs in there, too."

Sister Marie walks in to the Mother Superior's office and says, "Mother - I must confess. I used the Lord's name in vain today."

Mother S says, "Tell me about it."

Sister Marie starts, "Well, today was my day off, so I decided to take in a round of golf. I was doing fine until the 5th hole. I hit a terrible tee shot on a par 4 that ended up on the edge of the hazard."

Mother S. "So that's when you took His name in vain?"

S. Marie - "No, just as I was approaching the ball, a squirrel ran out of the brush, grabbed the ball, and took off running into the hazard."

Mother S. "You swore then?"

S. Marie - "No, not yet. Just when the squirrel was ready to run under a bush, a hawk that had been sitting in a nearby tree swooped down and grabbed the squirrel, ball and all."

Mother S. "Well, after all of that, I can MAYBE see why you swore, but....:

S. Marie - "That wasn't it either. The squirrel, trying to get out of the grip of the hawk, dropped the ball on the green, and it rolled up within 18 inches of the hole!"

Mother Superior looks puzzled, then gets a serious look on her face and says, "You missed the G-- D--- putt, didn't you?!"

The way Tiger's playing today I'm certain a few bad words have been heard in his vicinity. Not to say they've come from him although that's a distinct possibility I suppose.

cubdog

Wow. 82 for Tiger today. SO strange to see him struggle like this. I never would have imagined him playing so poorly.

cubdog

What surprises me is the wide range between "almost as good as he was" to "as bad as he's ever been".

That amount of inconsistency is not good. Sure, your short game can be chunky, you need to get your pace back on the greens, and there are going to be occasional wild swings off the tee, but he's veering back and forth between a +6 and a 10.

Can't blame it all on being rusty, or on getting comfortable with a new swing, not with his skill level.

Worrisome.

62 here today. Oh, and my new toy was delivered an hour ago:

attachment.php

You know I'm sure that thing works fine in your dry and sunny weather. I'm guessing it isn't worth a crap in the 10 inches of snow we're getting today. I take comfort in that.

cubdog

I love the 16th hole at the WM tournament. A few years back they said that some of the golfers complained about all the hubbub. Most of them go with the flow, though.

The hole-in-one there by Molinaro yesterday sure lit them up!

You know I'm sure that thing works fine in your dry and sunny weather. I'm guessing it isn't worth a crap in the 10 inches of snow we're getting today. I take comfort in that.

cubdog

Rear tires are kinda knobby! 10" of snow would be pretty tough, though.

Back
Top Bottom