The official AK golf thread

Harsh Toke Dude! I usually only break out the rule book when I lost the press and am down 3 holes. This was much better than inside the leather, closer to the length of the putter head.

Prior to that hole I was seriously thinking of chucking my clubs & buying a boat, I was playing that badly. A real army march: left, right, left, right. As we all know all you need is one good shot to bring you back in.

Last edited:
So true. I didnt any good shots today. 98.... I had a pair of 85s last week.
At least the points I need will go down just in time for the blind draw tournament we have Friday.

And, in case you were wondering, I was just joshing you.
We play to the bottom of the cup in our league. But, will take gimmies amongst friends.
A few of us are playing tomorrow. And after todays debacle, I hope I get a few gimmies.

Well, just read that Tiger had another microdiscectomy on Wednesday. Done until sometime in 2016.

It's like a soap opera.

How's this for a wild round?
44-43

The good.
12 of 14 fairways hit.
11 greens in regulation.

The bad.
22-17 putts. :sigh:
I had four 3 putt greens on the front nine! I could not figure out the speed to save my life. By far my worst putting this year.

cubdog

It is back to the cold and rain where I live. I haven't bothered to keep score for a couple of weeks. Golf is a good excuse to get out and do something when it isn't raining though.

The Solheim Cup has been kind of fun to watch during these rainy mornings.

I just found out my nephew Eric Doyle, who lives in San Diego, has qualified for the 2016 Drive, Chip, and Putt completion at next years Masters. How cool is that? We are all very proud of him. :banana:

cubdog

My golf season stopped a few weeks back as my torn rotator cuff has become more painful over the last month or so. It's not worth going any further with it this year and I have a long recovery ahead of me, post surgery.

My golf season stopped a few weeks back as my torn rotator cuff has become more painful over the last month or so. It's not worth going any further with it this year and I have a long recovery ahead of me, post surgery.
I had my left cuff repaired in 1999. I played golf about 2 months afterwards. I really hit the rehab hard to be able to do it though. I have a tear in my right cuff that was found about 2 1/2 years ago that doesn't give me much pain so I've left it alone.

It's not a pleasant surgery and the key is good rehab. It hurts but follow the therapist's instructions and you'll be fine. If you don't do that you'll not gain back your range of motion.

Yes, that is a tough one. It all depends on how bad the tear is and how much tissue you have left for the repair. I had a huge tear in my left rotator cuff back in 2012. plus, it was compounded by old damage that had left much of the structure in a serious state of atrophy. I was in rehab for 9 months and I lost a full year of golf. I'm hoping that your shoulder is in better shape and that you can get back out there in a few months instead of a year :yes:

The rehab is tough, but do what they say (no matter how it feels) and you will eventually be able to use the shoulder again and play golf again!

Out yesterday with my brother. First golf in about 10 days. 37-38, 33 putts, no penalty shots but only 1 birdie. Really never in trouble all day, didn't make much of anything but didn't 3 putt. 2 up and downs for par and 1 one putt birdie.

I was working with my brother on his swing (yes, he played good, at least for the first 10-11 holes) I think I was less concerned with what I was doing and I was just lining up and letting it go without a lot of thinking going on.

Hope we can play a lot in October this year.

I hope to get some rounds in this week. I'm playing so poorly though I'm finding it hard to get motivated. I need to find something!

cubdog

I hope to get some rounds in this week. I'm playing so poorly though I'm finding it hard to get motivated. I need to find something!

cubdog
Sometimes it's just good to back away from the game for a few days and think and do something else. It can work wonders when you get back on the course.

I shot a 39 yesterday despite horrid putting. I hit 6 of 8 fairways and hit 7 of 9 GIR.

The highlight however was my first hole-in-one! On hole number 11, a well struck 8 iron from 140 yards. It was nice to get it on a good shot and not by some lucky sculled grass burner. Finally after 55 years of playing golf I bagged an ace.

Congrats on the ace, Cubdog. Hopefully you sponsored some beverages for the boys. I have been playing for 45 years, caddied my way through HS & college & the only one I saw was my own down in the Dom Rep on the Casa De Campo Links course. Too bad it wasn't the "Teeth of the Dog" course. Must have been a good feeling, cross it off your bucket list. Only 53 more until you catch Art Wall.

How's this for a wild round?
44-43

The good.
12 of 14 fairways hit.
11 greens in regulation.

The bad.
22-17 putts. :sigh:
I had four 3 putt greens on the front nine! I could not figure out the speed to save my life. By far my worst putting this year.

cubdog
Having a round where both the tee-to-green and putting are both working is sort of like that eclipse we had last week - once in many years.

A beautiful day to play. Upper 70's and low humidity.
I didn't play too well. But, I got to see this mother.
eXaEgMW.jpg

I shot a 39 yesterday despite horrid putting. I hit 6 of 8 fairways and hit 7 of 9 GIR.

The highlight however was my first hole-in-one! On hole number 11, a well struck 8 iron from 140 yards. It was nice to get it on a good shot and not by some lucky sculled grass burner. Finally after 55 years of playing golf I bagged an ace.
Congratulations Cubdog - that's great! I've had three, many years apart. The best one was my last, in 2002 because my Dad was with me. He passed in 2006. Interestingly, I was with him when he had his last of two, in 1989.

Great job, you'll never forget it that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom