The official AK golf thread

Yeah, little things creep in and wreak havoc.
I keep a list on my phone of the usual demons so after going through the checklist I can usually find the culprit. Usually.
Played 108 holes in 3 days over the weekend with my son and 30 others. Was a blast the first 90 or so. I’m still beat.

Damn that's a lot of golf Bob! I used to love playing 36 in the old days of our Myrtle Beach annual pilgramages but that was last century. My back tightened up after just playing on back to back days. Don't get me wrong, I plan on playing 3 times a week when and if I get to retire, I just love the game, but 36 holes 3 days in a row? They would have to put me on the rack to stretch me out.

And it took a birdie on 18, by Justin Rose, to win the FedEx cup, and snatch it from Tiger's hands. After over 1.28 million strokes, all season. One stroke decided it.

Began watching at 6 this morning on NBC.
There was a glimmer of hope early.
Poulter really is “Mr Ryder Cup”.
Reed appears to have stuck his foot in his mouth in a post round interview. He looks like a clown.

If Patrick Reed ends up #1 in points in qualifying for the 2020 Ryder Cup, watch Team USA go to 12 Captain's picks.

You heard it here first.

I played 18 with a professional tour caddy today. He was a really nice guy. Told me stories about his tour players and what it's like to be a tour caddy. I thoroughly enjoyed my round. I even made eagle with a 155 yard hole out. The rest of the round was unremarkable.

Played my last 18 holes of the year today. This season has been a tough one for me, a bum knee was really hurting my swing all year but today I tied my best score all year with an 88. On the 510 yard par 5 I came as close as I've ever got to an eagle when I hit a 180 yard hybrid 3rd shot to within 10 inches of the cup for a tap in birdy, and I managed to par the 453 yard 18th hole for the first time ever. I'm ending the year on a good note. Last year on this date we got 4 inches of snow so playing good today was just a bonus. Here's to a short winter this year.

719F45AD-A40D-4488-A5C3-747C8A76311F.jpeg Yep, think I’m done too.
Played my best golf this year but can improve IF my length doesn’t diminish too much with age.
Bought a new bag earlier this week on CL (PB on left). Had to have it. Lol

My local course officially closed Oct 15 but the grounds crew take care of it til the first snow and regulars are welcomed to come out and play free til it's completely shut down. If you want a cart you're out of luck unless you bring your own, but I prefer the walk. If all goes well this winter it should be open around Masters time next year.

A replacement 3 wood showed up today courtesy ebay and USPS. It's a 2003 Titleist 980F with steel shaft. My old one broke. Steel fatigues and eventually fails.

Back
Top Bottom