The official Music score thread

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by VinylHanger, Mar 17, 2004.

1. RhythmGJ

RhythmGJ Well-Known Member

Picked-up some CDs tonight at full-price (about $60), minus $30 due to a discount reward card for this particular shop (Record Theater).

image.jpg

The Amos Milburn is a two-disc set, the Stax box is two discs and a nice booklet, and the Nigerian Afro-Pop set has a very nice booklet with lots of period photos, ads, and historical info, but is a single disc (albeit with 23 tunes). Good haul in my estimation...

GJ

2. Teej

Teej Active Member

This is just the last two weeks. More on the way. I'm in a bit of a binge cycle RN...
    IMG_4398.JPG

onepixel likes this.
  3. RhythmGJ

Too tired to take and post a picture right now. Must get some sleep! But the long and short of it is I've saved a lot of money at one of the Record Theater outlets that is closing-- I just grabbed 15 Vinyl LPs (Blue Note and Prestige) this morning, and a great Coltrane Atlantic box set on CD last week, at 50% off retail.

Worked a twenty hour day yesterday, only got a brief nap then got up early to get to the store when they opened; just a little late as a lady ahead of me had already scanned the Jazz LPs and she looked like she had about 30 of them! But I'm still happy with my haul (Sonny Rollins, Art Blakey, Clifford Brown, Pat Martino, Duke Jordan, Eric Dolphy, Stanley Turrentine, Jimmy Smith, Kenny Dorham, Curtis Counce, Red Garland, Lee Morgan, etc.)...

GJ

cratz2 likes this.
  4. cratz2

cratz2 Super Member

I had a pretty big score today at one of our area Goodwill's. Lots of desirable jazz.

All in excellent condition, vinyl looks perfect, all but one of the covers are in really nice condition, most of them have the heavier external covers and many of them have new anti-static type inside covers.

There were actually so many quality jazz records, it was ridiculous! I initially grabbed about 90 then went over to the furniture section to sort through them. I rejected about 40 of them. As I was going through everything, another LP-hound came along and was sort of looking over my shoulder. I told him that I would let him look through my rejects, many of which were pretty decent, and for him to go back over and look through the records still on the shelves. He probably ended up getting over 50 of them and we still left probably 50 or 60 on the shelves. He seemed pretty happy with some of my rejects.

I also got maybe 5 or 6 pop and rock LP's in super perfect condition and my first piece of red-colored vinyl.

Pics to follow.

RhythmGJ and onepixel like this.
  5. RhythmGJ

Sounds like an awesome score; yes, pix please. Any Blue Note or Prestige? Pablo, Verve, Impulse!, CTI or IC?

GJ

cratz2 likes this.
  6. cratz2

cratz2 Super Member

Inspired by another member that made a video rather than taking pics so... I made a video.

Let me know if anything looks particularly good.

7. crazy-in-az

crazy-in-az "Dinsdale!" Subscriber

This was a very good day for vinyl! I found several albums I've been pursuing and I even found an original copy of The Velvet Underground and Nico. The whole lot cost me a whopping $24!

John Lennon- Walls And Bridges
    The Rolling Stones- Goats Head Soup
    Elton John- "Empty Sky" and "Tumbleweed Connection"
    U2- "War", "October" and "Wide Awake in America"
    Ted Nugent- "Scream Machine" and "Free For All"
    Heatwave- Too Hot To Handle
    Blue Oyster Cult- Agents Of Fortune
    Judas Priest- Screaming For Vengeance
    and of course The Velvet Underground and Nico

cratz2 likes this.
  8. cratz2

cratz2 Super Member

So after looking through them, a few are from those labels:

Jim Hall Concierto is on CTI
    Ron Carter Spanish Blue is on CTI
    Freddie Hubbard Red Clay is on CTI
    Oscar Peterson Night Train is on Verve
    Oscar Peterson West Side Story is on Verve (Japanese Pressing)
    Yusef Lateef Other Sounds is on Prestige

9. RhythmGJ

NICE score!!

GJ

PS-- Just watched your video; outta sight! I am seriously jealous; where did you find that?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  10. RhythmGJ

Crazy-in-az-- Nice Rock score!!

GJ

11. Wires!!

Wires!! New Member

Love that Operation Ivy