The official Music score thread

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by VinylHanger, Mar 17, 2004.

1. HPuser9557

HPuser9557 Member

Grabbed the CD version of the Escape from NY soundtrack off Amazon for $11.36, and it's due in on Thursday. CUETools is set up for ripping the album, and then the CD itself is being stashed somewhere it won't get damaged.

2. xbart

xbart AK Subscriber Subscriber

I found a couple dozen early progressive rock albums. Covers show some wear, I still need to clean them but the vinyl looks really, really good.
    Half of the groups I never heard of before and this was the highlight of the haul. (only when I logged it into Discogs did I realize that it was highly sought after album, never heard of the group before)

_DSC0977.jpg _DSC0978.jpg _DSC0980.jpg

RogerKulp likes this.
  3. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

Some guy in europe paid 60 dollars for one that's opened. It's apparently white vinyl with sparkles in the plastic.

http://www.popsike.com/Michael-Buble-Wedding-10-Vinyl-White-Sparkle-Rare/221869479298.html

4. LPD

LPD AK Subscriber Subscriber

Trubrot undir ahrifum LP. Rare German prog rock and worth listening. Vinyl VG+++ jacket VG++.

[​IMG]

5. Mr.White

Mr.White Well-Known Member

$13 total;

[​IMG]

6. tomcatmixd

tomcatmixd Musically reclined Subscriber

3 for $3...
    [​IMG]

7. HPuser9557

HPuser9557 Member

Scored a lossless copy of the Civilization: Beyond Earth soundtrack a while ago via 7Digital.

[​IMG]

8. saunadog

saunadog Well-Known Member

Really geeked on this one, so apologies in advance for the long post.

My local Goodwill was having a special this weekend for “Club Blue” members, $10 off your total purchase. Not one to give up some free cash, I thought I’d take a look.

Of course, my first stop was the records. I had been there just a few days ago, so I didn’t expect to come across anything new. What I ended up finding was a honey hole. You know, that rare time that the first one you pull out is great, then the next, and so on.

Up to the register I walked with 16 albums, assuming they were $1 each (you had to spend at least $10 to take advantage of the offer, so I figured that I was set). The cashier informed me that they were only .49 each, so I needed to spend around $2 more for the free offer to kick in. I quickly grabbed a t-shirt for $2.30, and got back in line.

I walked away with 3 Hendrix reissues from the 1970’s, some Bootsy Collins 12” EPs, Pharoah Sanders, a Dizzy Gillespie reissue (sealed!), B.B. King and Bobby Bland double LP, some cool 80’s industrial 12” EPs by Cabaret Voltaire and Front 242, a bit of Reggae (Black Uhura, Sly and Robbie) as well as some other miscellaneous oddities (“The Afros”, anyone?). All basically for FREE with the offer, and all in really nice condition. I Don’t think this will ever happen to me again!

DSCF4381.jpg

9. jameselmer66

jameselmer66 Active Member

Found the album Jesus Christ Superstar at my local thrift shop. Its in like new shape. Even came with the play bill that is in great shape. Listening to it now and it sounds great!

10. kdooley

kdooley AK Member Subscriber

I guess this could be classified as a score. Free from a friend.

IMG_20170911_121245990.jpg

Noreaster likes this.
  11. freQ(*)Oddio

freQ(*)Oddio MUSIC MEATHEAD Subscriber

movie and television soundtrack score FullSizeRender (84).jpg FullSizeRender (83).jpg

12. paulalan1

paulalan1 New Member

IMG_20170921_062956422the wall600x600.jpg Today in an antique/junk store.
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.
    Still in shrink wrap/no barcode/clear hype sticker. $30

EDIT: Added photo

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Powerage80 likes this.
  13. dcmfan

dcmfan AK Subscriber Subscriber

I love my record store!

IMG_0490.jpg

Not really cheap, but all are hard to find and in great condition!

"Great White Wonder", Bob Dylan. The first rock bootleg.

"Rolling Thunder", Micky Hart. A white label promo with much better sound than my green label Warner Bros pressing.

"Merry Clayton", Merry Clayton. I've been looking for her records since I saw "Twenty Feet from Stardom". You've heard her sing "Rape! Murder!" behind the Rolling Stones on "Gimme Shelter".

14. RogerKulp

RogerKulp Super Member

I have the TMOQ pressing of Great White Wonder.

15. FOH Engineer

FOH Engineer Super Member

16. chicks

chicks Lunatic Member

One of the keepers from my lunch walk today (GW was along the way). Worth a bit more than $1.99. ;)

11980488-12A3-483F-A35D-7AE03C309AA3.jpeg

A couple I left behind.
    06F0A730-4A89-40A0-92FC-297923C5B889.jpeg
    7421777D-EDED-4771-A2F4-74CFCAF0914C.jpeg

Cadillac Kid and crazy-in-az like this.
  17. crazy-in-az

crazy-in-az "Dinsdale!" Subscriber

18. djgray1200

djgray1200 New Member

Hey, all. Just joined today. Ogling other people's scores in the bin and sharing my own are both favorite pasttimes. Here's some recent finds. All generally found in dollar bins or for <$5

Attached Files: