The official Music score thread

I cruised into the local GW today on the way home after wasting all day trying to get a new project started. Well, lo and behold, the regional manager had pulled out the goody cart for a couple of big time collectors..... yeah, I have a lot to say about that, but that is for another thread. Anyway, we all started to go through it and holy smoke and lightening.

J.J Fad-Supersonic, fits into my newly found hip-hop and
oldschool interests. Minty
Paul Hardcastle-19, finally after years of looking, clean and minty
Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist and Yell, couldn't pass it up
Midnight Oil-Diesel and Dust, love this album
Corrrosion of Conformity-Animosity, 80's metal at it's nasty best,
mint and unplayed, un-freakin' believeable
L.L. Cool J-Goin' Back to Cali, minty and fun
John Denver-G.H. volume 2, something for the little woman;)
Peter Cetera-Solitude/Solitaire, yep, woman music again
Lenny Kravitz-Let Love Rule, clean except for one bad nick :mad:
Inner Circle-Everything is Great, Reggea, gotta love it, this one
has a bit more rock to it than most.
Eddy Grant-Killer on the Rampage, Electric Avenue

Then I looked some more and found a good pressing of The Cowboy Junkies-The Trinity Sessions, I think this is supposed to be pretty good, it may be up next.
The best one of the night is a double album of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones-Pay Attention, it is in blue and in green vinyl, clean and the cover is even mint.

Next up is a very clean, and possibly original pressing of The Name of the Band is the Talking Heads, I am very stoked about this one, even my wife will dig this one :D
Then a couple to bring this all back to the 80's
Prince-The Scandalous Sex Suite, its from the movie Batman,
I have never heard of this one.
Then surviving the all crappy Soundesign, all-in-one playing era of the early eighties is a minty Toni Basil-Word of Mouth, how can one pass up that :cool:
The ones that got away were clean copies of Kiss-Unmasked ad the Best of the Kiss Singles which is a very sought after album. Once I expressed interest, of course one of the "big time" collectors had to keep them :rolleyes:
Anyway. sorry to ramble on, but it was a kickbutt day for vinyl, which of course makes it a kickbutt night.... I told my wife I will be in a goood mood for a week now.

I just received a copy of Mother Earth from Dutch group Within Temptation. I'm really enyoying this one! :)

Carl

I am getting ready to drink a little double chocolate ale and spin the four disc set of The Jimi Hendrix Experience, " and I am going to listen at extreme volumes all night long. :rockon: :guitar: I've been wanting to listen to it ever since it came out. Despite Thatch's opinion off the sonics of Jimi's music, it's all in the music, and the studio outtakes, and the vocals and the messing around with this set. And most of it actually sounds wonderful :p:

I've completed the Blackmore's Night catalog with these arrivals
on Friday:
Past Times with Good Company
Under A Velvet Moon
Shadow Of The Moon
And the rest of the Therion albums that I like:
Vovin
Deggial
Live In Midgard
All most excellent so far!
it's all in the music
You betcha! :)

Carl

A samll haul today, just passed through the thrifts.
Dire Straits-Communique', which sounds awesome despite a few pops and clicks.
I also picked up a SonySpecial products-Jazz Styles, history and analysis... I haven't put it in the cd player yet, yep I occassionally spin coasters ;)

So I'm at the parts store in Berkeley and I say to myself OK, you can stop by Mod Lang. When I get there I finally remember
to ask about The Savage Resurrection disk that I have seen online but it is always listed out of print. It is re-issued by a
Mod Lang Records but I just never think to ask if they are the same. Of course the kids in there don't know anything but one of them calls the owner up. Turns out they only had 3 autographed
ones for $20. each he tells me expecting me to say f--- that.
Wrongo! :banana: I said give me one!! :D
I bought an LP of this used years ago but it seems to be full of dirt as it is noisy but not scratched. No, I don't have a fancy LP cleaner. :rolleyes:
Also picked up a copy of The Great Society Born To Be Burned
full of stuff not on my 3 LP's of them and a Chocolate Watchband
reissue type full of stuff I don't have also.

Been looking for this one for quite a while: "Julie Is Her Name", Julie London 1955. Found it in an antique shoppe after visiting Dewickt. Has "Cry Me A River"on it- very smoky-3AM-jazz-club vocals by her, an electric guitar, & a bass. Wish it wasn't so skint up, but beggars can't be choosers. Oh yeah, the cover ain't too hard to look at, either. -Sandy G.

Stopped in at Amoeba music this evening. Got some vinyl and coasters. Lp's I bought:
Kraftwerk Trans - Europe Express, they had 3 sealed copies!

The Beatles featuring Tony Sheridan - used old but mint UK copy

Monster Magnet - Monolithic Baby! A new 2004 release, German 2lp set

Pink Fairies - Uncle Harry a double LP with 2 BBC performances +
other stuff

Albert King - King Albert mint used

Otis Spann - The Biggest Thing Since Colossus, mint used UK,
backed up by the original Fleetwood Mac. Been a long time since I saw something with Peter Green on it I didn't already have. :)

Cd's:
Hawkwind - This is Hawkwind Do not Panic _ 2 disc live

Falkenbach - Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty

Falkenbach - Magni Blandinn Ok Megintiri

Amaran - Pristine In Bondage

Finntroll - Nattfodd

So that ought to keep me away from the tuner for a while. ;)

Dang, they were using a MC2300 at the store! :D

Carl

Today I received this one in the mail. The Swan Princess and Mercury cd set by Polish group Tower. I have been trying to find this for a very long time. Finally!!! :cool:

Carl

Well, I just received, well @1hr ago, a batch of cd's I bought on ebay from a Russian seller. Crazy but effective putting all the
disks together, separate from the boxes but not one cracked.
I picked up:
Macbeth - Vanitas
In Extremo - Verehrt und Angespien
In Extremo - Weckt die Toten
In Extremo - Die Veruckten Sind In Der Stadt
Umbra et Imago - Dunle Enegie
Saltatio Nortis - das Zweite Gesicht
Saltatio Nortis - Erwachen
Finntroll - Midnattens Widuner
Finntroll - Visor om Statet
Finntroll - Jaktens Tio
It was a PIA to put these all together again. Maybe I'll translate this stuff someday. :headscrat
Great Listening!!!

Carl

I had to go across the street from Down Home Music and of course I got sucked into the vacum and ended up at the LP
bin's. They had a nice sealed LP of Love Revisted in a 180g
Sundazed. What was I to do? :D This sure sounds Great!!
That was all I found for me in the bins, so I started digging through the wall stuff and found me a mint Dave Brubecks
25th anniversary, a mint John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman
LP, and a sealed Coltrane Live At Birdland. 44. w/tax. Boy I got
out of there cheap today.
Boy this Love LP is sounding great! :)

Carl

Back
Top Bottom