THE Official NFL '13 Thread

Yes and speaking of which……..has Belichick won the 'Big One' since he was caught 'cheating' ?

Regardless, both were off base yesterday……...

I just watched all of the Seahawks post game interviews and was really impressed with all of them including Sherm. Also watched today's press conference with Pete Carroll. What a pleasure it is to be a Seahawk fan at this wonderful time for the team.

Belichick certainly made an ass of himself today and such is life.

Speaking of cheating...I am a Saints fan and they have been my second favorite team since I was involved in hurricane relief there a few years ago. When Bountygate came up I defended Payton because I didn't think he would be involved in such a thing. That is until week before last. It was obvious to all those who watched critically that something was amiss with how Harvin was hit on the personal foul early in the game. Watch the film and pay special attention to what was going on on the sideline at that time. It appears that the bounty system is still alive in New Orleans. What a shame.

Also speak of cheating let's hope that SF has a nice fine to pay for that sideline hit to Jeremy Lane. I'm sure the league will handle it. Enough about yesterday...on to the next game and...

GO HAWKS!!!

I just watched all of the Seahawks post game interviews and was really impressed with all of them including Sherm.

I agree with the folks who saw the Sherman drama as standard stuff on the playing field, unfortunate but kind of funny that his adrenalin tap was still wide-open when he went on camera.

In his own words - the first few paragraphs of Sherman's SI column today http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

What a night, and what a finish.

Near midnight I still had about 70 unread text messages from friends and family, most of which read, “Best interview ever!” Many of my Twitter mentions were less supportive. My body ached. I was thrilled and proud and upset, all at once.

Here’s what happened …

I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a BS holding call against me; the second ended the game.
Michael Crabtree stutter-stepped out of his break on first down and sprinted toward the end zone. I was in good position for a pick until he pushed me in the back. My interception became a tip and an interception for Malcolm Smith in the end zone.

Game over. The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.

I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Why? Because he decided he was going to try the guy he was avoiding all game, because, I don’t know, he’s probably not paying attention for the game-winning play. C’mon, you’re better than that.

Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.

GO HAWKS!!!

:yes:

Richard Sherman was Salutatorian (ranked second) in his high school class.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1208083/5/index.htm

He also graduated from Stanford with a degree in communications before his senior year, and began a master’s degree program in his last year of eligibility.

Sherman seems like an interesting and articulate guy, when he's not hyped up on adrenaline. Fun clip of him interviewing fans here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pFkwOPrk5Y

I can't help but wonder if the various food and beverage catering services at the Denver stadium factored in the fact that OTC retail sales of high grade marijuana became legal here a couple of weeks ago, with hundreds of new shops open in that metro area alone. I'd seriously doubt that there was a shortage of stoned people attending such games in the past, but, surely today the number has seen a logarithmic increase. They better have plenty of Doritos.

Go Broncos! We're all puffing for you.

Figured I would have a look at this clip cuz I heard how terrible it was...............pfffft, big deal, he was a little pumped up and spouted off a bit, so what!!!! Not the first time or last someone will let loose.............. Gonna be one hell of a game, GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Sherman apologizes for rant after Carroll reminds him who comes first

I hope he can learn to control his mouth, I remember how it sure did get in the way of Terrell Owens career and the legacy of the very gifted receiver that he was.

Carl

My Colts fell short but glad to see Manning make it back to the SB. I know he has his haters and has had his issues in the playoffs but I still think he would have a few more rings on his fingers if the Colts ever had a decent Defense during his time in Indy.

Go Broncos!!

Anybody watch the Pro Bowl tonite?

Related question.

Did anyone know the Pro Bowl was tonite? :D

A couple years ago on guitar forum, some of the guys were acting as if none of the female reporters were of above average looks and even named Jenn Brown by name to which I replied, 'Yes... usually women that look like this make me instantly vomit and run away in horror.'

MV5BMTk0ODg1ODM2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUxMjU2Mg@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom