The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Thanks! Slider and 45 adaptor slot are filled in. Full auto shop paint job. Jelco 750d arm with an ebony arm plate. Will be fitted with a Denon Dl103 and cinemag SUT's next.

Paint color is Mercedes "mystic brown". Hoping to get some some photos in the afternoon sun soon

:beerchug: The more I look at that pic, the more I like it :thumbsup: Filling in the pitch slider and 45 adapter hole really gives your "Techie" a really elegant look. I really like the gloss paint but I'd probable spend as much time dusting as listening :D
Sorry I can't help you on the target lamp wiring as it's been a long time since I've been that far into the works. Maybe someone over at http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?46-The-Techiepedia can help out.

New arm on my 1210 :)

p_5dfCl4D1VVHfuSp-d7u7kReSep9o1JaNpUNVo540__UbX9Ru2ibKOoxEcsyKcjpLBj3ab4vVu6zgzzHQGqTPiiDVK5GBiNAvpfWheXuT3asYD7io0Tg0XGflIXZ0vkb1AhPA_01P93V2h_PpnDwlY8x7KDgWt4gBQyF_JfTXfpA5tkDRUH8Ah6cyeabSJw-d_-DOCw_nZZc6r3sHZWBtxlEhEPoOPUSbnTKypYGybYWUAzZASFZcS7z1ONKngOKBSseuE9ciLxB_MilANi8OQBHTgcOosRG0-nSGyf_ncMhhYjMt3yl0T59ojzXEDc-hEqbew06OEO_zrLSpzq4UbHBzePC8Ja1eJrg_tjoD7TbtsLOeYCMzq3-THwnMCSt4uftpILFx1MYEZSUtTg77ZDNXTZOFukuPqhASNnlt1xXkbL_qNA9c-6BUn2PQW5ubzdd95UWmfWrk8nE4fhqREFTU11LYb8ePqjvJh6jogBhuNvjojJI1-GMwcJjnXkyWcLnRboJs3ApC57V9cTZLVT742zzQ--KXkhUskfGCQU_UFAl874ESUqzC9kSpXvBKhmqpch_0hzH3RIu1I3wgYS44ITMxv4s2IhMpzqbVgSfXEQ=w689-h918-no

1LjK8ZSQ08auJVhqbmwHo5yTa1Q_BnsVJ4GWyJEdr8jLQytPZzmRrbnw-uvd851IeV1bCs_NrO0uzsE7wh1H20dwwSnIrvGcihv4r6XtGboNPaVBAJdvvGCloOLPfexX9pGwz12guXBeT2OTsjsrrrqEhtm07tcmFp7b8nR2KsAsorNcoav6uGfrFHsiyUB8It0qNyFaP2ngqcQa7HeRva9a-Mbbrysk5dC5-Rrd8fRFD7u0SwyZeTMidZPTcfoX4JiTuc902WgHYoSl7RTCM1HKx2TQKb6mvow_Rn_OcmZoAUi_8A6h14vfUjx1vws3t5eKUu2HkXwrOTuyhxIPNTqv92a_dkk2r9GDcZf4cswSr4cOeeCj_El9gezbpowDApTXRoM_zucrmG9bvQqqPc6q5sOo29xK2o_g9f4t5dGro5E3yBCS2BIaMQTc_3rdezMC2ubFkrBFnXlxZQ1mHbPCgQx-q5WE3RTdMnFWBHaUFrJBF_FP9ZUoyudnnSWYxzEdmpyuMsST3DUPMSfJh6o5LU5CCj1JfqREgj98IG3xlLXnpcP7kTYk0bAdqHal5zFXeUZGjQTPpNFkNc_Z2VNGHJNyFXXbcsNgoGMUA8ixgBSJ=w1224-h918-no
Mala, the pics aren't showing. Could you try again?

A few tables I rescued from the DJ trash bin, completely rebuilt from ground up.
First is totally flat black,

Then flat red,

Pair of flat burgundy,

And for the hockey fans out there,

I am going to *have* to learn how to take mine apart and put it back together again. I like the original silver, but I think I am in love with that black look. Hell, even the red and burgundy are nice (no hockey for me, though, thanks).

I am going to *have* to learn how to take mine apart and put it back together again. I like the original silver, but I think I am in love with that black look. Hell, even the red and burgundy are nice (no hockey for me, though, thanks).

Just don't get piano gloss black! so much dust

Here's how to take the faceplate off (or rather, take everything off the faceplace) A bit easier when not dealing with the british model (because the british power plug is too big for the holes)

Taking the SL-1200 apart really isn't that hard. Being a fully manual TT, there isn't much to make it complicated. Just keep track of all the screws :)

Thanks much, guys. It's going to be a while. Going to have to bookmark that link. And there will be lots of pictures to help with keeping track of things. Cheers. :beerchug:

Greetings all,
I found my 1984 SL-1200 in an abandoned stereo shop..the owner just packed up and left (with the door open)...found the TT and a Yamaha M-85 amp. The TT needed a arm wire soldered on..20 bucks for that..the amp a rebuild..350 for that..so for 370.00 I ..got a pretty good deal. This was 20 years ago and its still spinning away. Upgraded the feet to Isonoe and the cart to a Denon 110. and a Herbie mat. A parasound phono preamp, Parasound preamp and Lynn Majic 140 speakers...and..it sounds pretty good.
I have a digital setup with a Wyred for sound DAC for high rez files but I like the TT better. Something about playing a record just beats clicking a mouse on the computer. Oh..and a spinclean cleaner..best 80 bucks I spent..really makes a difference.

Hi everyone, I've been searching this site and elsewhere trying to find the best headshell and alignment for my new AT OC9ML III cartridge on my technics 1200.

I've had it on a stock Technics head shell for the last week, and it does sound pretty good. However I feel something is missing have read that many get better sound with the baerwald alignment and using a heavier head shell. I have been trying and trying to get the Baerwald alignment on the technics head shell but it just isn't going to happen. It's been said the technics 'shell can't do it, but I had to give it a go anyway.

can anyone out there tell me if I would be better off using an LPgear/Sumiko headshell (that I have) with the aux counterweight? Or will this throw the effective mass/compliance matching off too far?

Thanks for the help!

This is my second SL-1200 MK1. Picked it up off the auction site. No cover or counterweight. Had a cover for a SL-1300 that I think looks better and got the weight from a bayer in Spain. But the unusual thing was that the arm kept drifting out, even with AS set at zero. So I opened it up and the AS spring was wrapped around the rear of the arm shaft to the front and hooked into the correct spot. Never seen anything like that. I unhooked it and set it as normal, from the AS lever to the hole on the arm shaft. Now it stays where I place it, no drift until I turn up the AS. Anyway, it's up and running. Sounds nice. S/N 002270

IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0399.JPG

Last edited:
Looking to see any printed material (ads, catalogues, manuals, price lists) where there is mention of SL-120MK2 (not mk1, not 1200 mk2). Was it sold worldwide or was market specific and in which period exactly? I've seen the few net appearances but looking for some more "evidence".

Back
Top Bottom