The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Just picked this up off of CL from the original owner. SL-1200.

38795237811_fab0a08260_k.jpg

Wow you do have an original. It has the first style headshell before they (technics) drilled the three holes in it.

You can still get a 120E stylus for a good price from stereoneedles.com. The current equivalent is the VM530EN.
I ordered a needle from them this weekend. Today I tried to call them and their phone is no longer in service. Googling them I see a lot of complaints. Are they still in business? Did I just lose $66? You may not want to be recommending Stereoneedles.com to people here.

Update: I have to retract my statement and apologies to eriathomas. I'm not sure why I got a no longer in service message calling Stereoneedles. Monday I tried again and it was answered by the owner. Great guy to talk to. He had shipped my needle and gave me the tracking number. It arrived Tuesday. An OEM AT-120E needle and at a great price. So.. A thumbs up to Stereoneedles.com and thanks eriathomas for referring them to me.

Last edited:
I ordered a needle from them this weekend. Today I tried to call them and their phone is no longer in service. Googling them I see a lot of complaints. Are they still in business? Did I just lose $66? You may not want to be recommending Stereoneedles.com to people here.

You should get it, he's still in business. Worst case call your credit card company or make a dispute with paypal if you paid with it.

Edit: If for whatever reason you don't get it, thevoiceofmusic has some NOS ones as well.

Last edited:
Anyone use KAB's headshells? I noticed earlier that the azimuth was way off, so I took it off and straighten it out and it kinda twisted back after a records. The OG Technics has no issues.

rOIXt96.jpg

Speaking of headshells. I'm considering a Grado green for my stock 1210 mk2. I'm looking at a headshell for it also. I see a couple from LP Gear. 1 - The LP Gear Ultimate Headshell, coming in at 9.0g. They claim its one of the finest. 2 - The LP Gear Zupreme Headshell, coming in at 12g. They claim it is the finest. What is best for the Technics tonearm? My thoughts are to go with the lighter Ultimate Headshell. Do you have any experience with these headshells? Any others I should look at? Thanks in advanced.

Anyone use KAB's headshells? I noticed earlier that the azimuth was way off, so I took it off and straighten it out and it kinda twisted back after a records. The OG Technics has no issues.

rOIXt96.jpg

That looks just like the gemini ones I have bundled with an AT3600L, I have two and both are canted like that.

Kevin at KAB said I can exchange it, but it seems to be staying now. I'll give it some more plays to see if it twists back. KAB is great.

It sucks the oem technics ones aren't available affordably anymore. I regret letting the ones I had go with TTs I've sold in the past.

Speaking of headshells. I'm considering a Grado green for my stock 1210 mk2. I'm looking at a headshell for it also. I see a couple from LP Gear. 1 - The LP Gear Ultimate Headshell, coming in at 9.0g. They claim its one of the finest. 2 - The LP Gear Zupreme Headshell, coming in at 12g. They claim it is the finest. What is best for the Technics tonearm? My thoughts are to go with the lighter Ultimate Headshell. Do you have any experience with these headshells? Any others I should look at? Thanks in advanced.
I gave an answer in the other post you made about this...

Back
Top Bottom