The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Here's my SL 1200 Mk2 with Denon DL-110.

Now its sporting a Grado Gold.

TechnicsSL1200Mk2.jpg

Count me in.

KAB Technics SL-1200MK5
-78 rpm
-Cardas Tonearm Rewire
-Tonearm Dampener
-PS1200 Regulated Power Suppy
-Ortofon ProS40 integrated cartridge/headshell

Love it! :music:

alright so i revamped the first post to look a little better. Im not sure if im going to have time to read through every post since this seems to be growing pretty fast.

SO YOU MUST PM ME to be added from now on.

I have an SL-1210 MkII with an Ortofon OM-30 cartridge, which I bought used a year ago. I'm very happy with this turntable, and use it daily. But I have to confess I also own a Rega Planar 2 which I enjoy using as well! I'm not really "converted" either way, I just like good turntables, I'm not at all religious about these things. Linn, Rega, Technics, Thorens, Luxman - there are loads of good turntables... But of course there is something special about a classic like the SL1200, I'm not likely to ever get rid of mine. Picture to come!

Hell we might as well throw in the SL1600MKII 1700MKII and 1800MKII as they share the same arm. My two SL1800MKII's both have upgraded wires and cables. The one I'm using now has the arm from a 1210M5G.

I really miss those nights at the Sandtrap Lounge and Flaming Sally's Saloon in Macon Ga. spinning 12"ers on a pair of your favorite tables.

Count me in - PM to be sent shortly!

Mine's an SL1210 Mk2, currently sporting an AT110E. Standard other than that, apart from ditching the rubber mat for a felt one (livens up the midrange) and removing the rubber washer between headshell and arm (improves stereo imagery).

Well I just joined the SL1200MK2 club, but haven't got it up and running yet. I picked up 2 like new in the box at a local pawn shop. I am awaiting an Ed Saunders stylus for my V15 III cartridge. From what I have read his stylus is supposed to be pretty good. Anyone else that uses the V15 III cart of their SL1200MK2 care to comment on the synergy?

huh.. cool.. a club... so do we get some kind of patch we can sew on our jackets or something... or is there any kind of cool secret handshake? I hope I don't have to wear a uniform though...

;)

I've got two of them (lucky finds at a local yard sale) and I really love them. The build quality is so darn solid and reliable. Which reminds me of a Technics question that really needs its own thread...

I'm in once the backorder is shipped...if that's ok?
what do we do here then?? :lurk:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom