The Order Has Been Placed--Hopefully Delivery Next Week

That's the drag version? Looks like you have street tires. Will it corner as well as the regular version? And, what happened to your first one?

Three part question--no, this is not the drag version--last year they released the HellCat Demon that was the track package car. It was available with a bunch of hp options, but stripped of all "comfort features"--including no back seat or passenger seat and was available with a roll cage--5 pt hitches were standard. Yes, mine has street tires and all of the "comfort features" you'd expect in a modern luxury car. It does handle better than the base Hellcat due to improved suspension tuning, wider track and slightly reduced weight. As for my old one--one of the guys from the car clubs at the shows I go to bought it--it is one of the first 1000 Hellcats produced (actually one of the first 500, based on the VIN), so I think he is going to just stash it away.

How about a vanity plate that reads, BONE (?)

Haha--I thought you meant something like BONE HEAD--as in what kind of bonehead would buy something like that. The factory exhaust note is stupidly loud the minute you crack the throttle--it has a nice "burble" even at idle.

Nice thing about PA is we have no front plate (never have), so you can put whatever you want on the front of the car.

Last edited:
@BigElCat --I find this one appropriate.

I haven't even cracked her hard yet--I'll wait til 500 miles (at least), change out the oil and filter and then "whack it". Just call me "old school paranoid". But, from what I have gotten into (so far), she wants to run--"take me out tonite".

What the estimated top end ?

I honestly don't know. I have not looked that up, or seen definitive numbers in the reviews. I am guessing that it may be limited to 186 mph (as per the speed rating of the tires) like many manufacturers do, but that can be overridden. I don't know if I'd want to hit 200+ anyways--it is a big, fairly heavy car, and not exactly "aerodynamically advanced". I have had her up to a little over 140, just to see, and still stable, so time will tell.

140 without cracking it hard.

Holy Smokes.

Citizens are allowed to run wide open on the Bonneville salt flats, no supervision necessary. One can just drive out there, and let it rip.

Jess sayin'

OK--"idjut" just remembered that he "might" have a pic of the Jag on his phone from when we went to a gun show up by Pymatuning Resevoir--my avatar is now a pic of the "big Cat" going across the newly renovated dam--they had this closed/limited for two years.

Jag Spillway II.jpg

The 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is THE car that would make me trade in my 300C SRT8. B5 blue would not be a bad color to start with, either!

2019-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-redeye.jpg

140 without cracking it hard.

Holy Smokes.

Citizens are allowed to run wide open on the Bonneville salt flats, no supervision necessary. One can just drive out there, and let it rip.

Jess sayin'

great way to destroy a new car ... The salt gets into everything ...

Awesome ride, congrats. I had a 2011 Charger RT with the 5.7 for a few years. I put Flowmaster cat-back pipes on it. It had a great, low rumble, without being too crazy loud. Fun cars.

Lol. Link states that at full power the Hellcat Redeye will drain the fuel tank in 11 minutes. Sheesh.

Murray

I'll stick w/ my '58 M206 Willys (Jeep). I can drain the fuel tank in 11 years. Maybe.

That Challenger is A LOT of car. I actually saw (parked) a "Demon" version a few weeks ago @ a shopping center in Luxembourg City. Can you imagine taking one of those beasts out for a grocery run?

Can you imagine taking one of those beasts out for a grocery run?

I'm sure mine will end up in a grocery store parking lot, sooner, rather than later. Hey, when you need bread and milk, you need bread and milk--doesn't matter what you are driving that day ;)

Love that green, better than the sublime even. I'll have to be happy with the 2016 Go Mango Orange I have. I ran it at the Texas Mile standing mile races and it ran a best of 175.7 mph, it only had 900 miles on it then. Going back in a couple weeks to try running it again.

Back
Top Bottom