So on the flip side of the problematic MX120 and MR55A, I also got an MC2505 for cheap a few weeks ago and was putting some time into it. It needed new glass and that showed up today so I went ahead and did a basic teardown to inspect it. The chassis is not the best example in the world as it has lots of rust specs and dirt. It actually it looks like the unit had water dripping or regularly spilled into it too, as there was some heavy rust at the base end of the inner chassis. I went ahead and mitigated the worst of the rust and did a basic dirt cleanup for now. Electrically the sucker works great. Aside from some initial power on hum hinting at the need for some new caps it sounds and behaves exactly as it should. I'll get around to ordering new caps soon. Only tweak thus far is some LED bulbs I installed for the meters. There was some odd coloring from the regular bulbs but the LEDs solved that. As such I installed the new faceplate and threw it into a cabinet. Paired with my dormant C28 it makes for a nice living room setup. I always forget how "big" the little XL1s sound when connected to the right setup.