The Parent Trap (1961) starring Hayley Mills and Hayley Mills

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Netflix just added the original 1961 Parent Trap to their lineup, starring, Hayley Mills as the twin sisters, Maureen O'Hara, and Brian Keith as the estranged parents. I first watched this movie when I was 10 years old in 1962. Later on I developed a real crush on Hayley Mills. I have not seen the original in many years it sure brings back memories. Comparing this movie with the remade Parent Trap (1998) which is the same story but with Lindsay Lohan reprising the role of the twins.The original is still my favorite. The movie has been restored and the sound track has been re-dubbed to surround Dolby. This movie is for me a fun blast from my past. If you have not seen the original Parent Trap are you in for a real treat.

XM66nJvMMeNl.jpg

This was a good one for the time period. Typical, good Disney production (as was Pollyanna). I enjoyed 1998 version as well.

I own a copy on VHS and watch it every now and then with my son. Lots of fun, especially once Brian Keith enters the fray.

I lived in Carmel Valley in 1964, and the scenery in this movie reminded me of our house in Carmel.

Saw it @ a drive in with my family as a youngster. Yeah my Dad had a thing for Disney movies back then, Flubber,Son of Flubber etc. I think it was because Disney movies for many years was considered the studio for family entertainment. My Dad owned Stock in Disney his entire life and was held in his Trust Fund portfolio years after his passing. Made a bundle on that one.

I might have to dust off the Netflix account to watch that one. I miss the days when TV stations reran the old Disney movies.

Back
Top Bottom