the pink panther

Fishstink said:
Less than one hour and 15 min. too.

Are you sure the projectionist didn't leave a reel out? it's supposed to be 93 minutes according to the IMDB?

There were maybe two funny bits. More potty humor than I needed with my kid. They ruined the end. Spoiler here, so if you're going to see it, don't read on. He actually solves the mystery! No, he doesn't bumble into the answer, he figures it out! That's just wrong! You just spent an hour showing me beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's an idiot! Now all of a sudden he's a genius? I hate that!

Peter Sellers is Clouseau,period.Whether or not his "Pink Panther" movies will go down as classics,I'm of the belief that his character cannot be duplicated.
I'm constantly reminded of this statement when I see trailers for remakes and pathetic sequels.Just because you can,doesn't mean you should...

No wonder the Hollywood film industry is having problems..

Heres a good article on the decline of Steve Martin's career
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11225934/

Maybe Bill Murray & Steve should just give up on comedy, anybody see "The Man who wasn't there?"

"most of my friends didnt know that the pink panther movie was not an orginal
some peoples parents dont share anything with there kids i guess"
Ain't that the truth, I used to work with a lot of people just a few yrs younger than me and couldn't believe some of the stuff they DIDN'T know. The culture's all about the here & now which can be a good thing but you have to have an appreciation of history, sheesh

Last edited:
donoghue said:
The culture's all about the here & now which can be a good thing but you have to have an appreciation of history, sheesh

Amen! No history, no context! Peter Sellers (who in the 60's was considered a goofball actor and a master of slapstick comedy) is positively erudite and sophisticated compared the Martin's present ham-handed approach. If the current audience is as ignorant of Sellers as I assume they are, they'll have no idea what's being pawned off on them as the genuine article. Sad really, that our entertainments have become nothing more than a string of curse words, gratuitous boob-shots, big bangs, bright lights, and fart jokes.

Yeah...Imagine "Being There' or "Dr. Strangelove" being released today...Prolly not 1 person in 10 would get either one of those movies. Excepting AKers, of course...<grin>-Sandy G.

Back
Top Bottom