The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

Retro Stereo

Subscriber
Just like the title says, post the Pioneer "ELITE" gear you own. In other words, it "HAS" to say the word "ELITE" on the front of the component.

I just posted another thread for SPEC gear and noticed I had a couple of Elite components in the picture I posted, so I decided to do an Elite gear thread as well.

I'll star us off here, although I used to have much more Elite gear, this is what I still have left:

Pioneer Elite PD-65 CD Player (3 of them)
Pioneer Elite DV 45A DVD/CD/SACD Player

That's it.

Here is a picture of the Pioneer Elite PD-65 & DV 45A in action with my SPEC gear and Infinity RS 2.5 Speakers:
akfest2009048.jpg

So, let's see your "ELITE" gear and the systems you are using it in!

Pictures would be great too!

Retro

The only Elite pieces I have are LaserDiscs, too- CLD-59, DVL-90 & DVL-91.

Pic of the '91 in place, I'll take shots of the others soon:

attachment.php

I'd say the M-90, C-90 and above would count. They marketed it as Elite on all the brochures, but they put Reference Standard on the front panel instead of the word Elite. When the M-91, C-91 they stuck on Elite name on Front.

So in my humble opinion what I have qualifies as Elite :D

M-91 C-91 F-91 CT-91a M-72 PD-65 PD-F19 SP-99D DV-09

In Europe and Aus/NZ our top end Pioneers were branded "Reference" but were Elite components. I have owned an A-717 Amp,F91 and F93 tuners and a CT-95 cassette deck.

I believe theodoric has a nice collection of Urushi components. Have not heard from him in a while.

Doc

Last edited:
My Urushis:
M-90a, C-90a, PD-91, CT-91a, F-91 and A-91d,

reference1.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

A-09etc.jpg

The last pic is not the obvious Elite equipment; but I know the PD-95 was marketed in the US as Elite.. it's paired up with the A-09, D-07 and F-701.
That F-93 in the second picture went to a new owner not to long ago.. I already had the F-91 to go with the A-91d and had no real use/desire to keep that one..

Just this evening I was able to pick up a C-73/M-73 combo for a very, very fair price.. theys sound nice and look good, dunno if I like them better than the C-90a/M-90a, but I surely like them anyway!

Last edited:
Just one piece of Elite gear here...a DVR-7000 and it cosmetically matches the "silver era" Pioneer equipment quite well. I gave $79 for it, looked unused in original box, and it sold for $2000 in 2001 :yikes:!

Attachments

• 100_0332a.jpg
    100_0332a.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Does newer Elite count? I use a Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi receiver for my home theater. I have used Elite receivers in my home theater since I purchased my first, a VSX-09TX (Urushi) in the late 90's. Between the 09 and 56 I owned a VSX-26TX. I'm looking for an SC-05 ICEpower receiver now.

I also had a DV-59AVi DVD player that was recently replaced with a Sony PS3.
dv59avi_1.jpg

Lastly I am looking to pick up a new 50" Elite 1080p plasma before they are gone for good.:tears:

And PacificStereo - I purchased my very first stereo system when I moved out of my parents home in 1978 from Pacific Stereo - and various other components until they went out of business. I remember it was a Pioneer SX-550 receiver and a PL-200 turntable. My dad knew people at Cerwin Vega and got me a pair of 313's. Those were the days...

Martin

Last edited:
Lastly I am looking to pick up a new 50" Elite 1080p plasma before they are gone for good.:tears:

Martin

That's what I did back in April. Wasn't even looking to buy one, but a friend of mine was visiting from Oregon and wanted to do some checking on Panasonic Plasma sets since they live in an area where it's impossible to see anything without driving long distance. Anyway, we walked in to one of the local BB stores and they were selling the Elite Kuro sets with a big discount. I had heard that Pioneer had stopped making them and I just bit the bullet. It is an amazingly good looking set.About as natural looking as anything I've ever seen except for a good front projection CRT.

Back
Top Bottom