The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

Very, very nice, clean and neat looking system! I'm sure it sounds great too!
Welcome to AK. Very sweet find on the Pio speakers. Don't just love to find/discover a mint pair of old speakers that have been loving cared for in their original boxes! :D Rare indeed.

Noticed I hadn't posted here, I have 6 pieces of Elite or "pre-Elite."

A-88X, PD-9010X, F-99X, DV-45A, VSX-21, and VSX-36TX

Here's an old picture of the "X" stack:

attachment.php

Attachments

• elite 22.jpg
    elite 22.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 589
That looks great!

I'd love to find a few more "X" pieces!

Doesn't seem common to find them with the wood side panels intact.

Pioneer DV-37 Elite, thrift store find, no remote. Probably just for CD's now.

I have it connected with a Coaxial Digital cable and am just running it it 2 channel mode on the receiver. There's a noticeable difference in sound quality :thmbsp: from any cd player I've ever used.

I may try a hi quality RCA to get an analog signal into the amp so I can make some tapes on that Nak.

elite.jpg

PD65 was the best CD player I ever owned, very smooth sounding. Unfortunately an unobtainable processor died. I replaced it with a Cambridge Audio Azur, nice player and a bit more detailed but it lacks the smother/warmer sound of my Pioneer.

Yes, their CD players are pretty smooth!
The PD-73 is a really lovely sounding match in this system.

It doesn't have Elite stamped on the faceplate though it's as close as I'm going to get. :)

system.jpg

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 63
Pioneer PD-91 & Pioneer DV-868AVI (The silver European DV-868AVI is the American DV-59AVI Elite).

paulb005-16.jpg
[/IMG]
paulb004-23.jpg
[/IMG]

It doesn't have Elite stamped on the faceplate though it's as close as I'm going to get. :)

system.jpg

Those two are probably the main reason Pioneer Elite became what it did!

When you think Pioneer Elite I think that's what gets pictured in most peoples heads. At least those of us of a certain age.

A Pioneer Elite PLD-53 CD CDV LD Player feeds my McIntosh stack. Does a PL-707 turntable count as an Elite unit? Are there any Elite turntables? I'll post images soon.

Elite A-51 integrated?

Anyone know anything about this pc? Opinions on quality or reputation? All I can find is a service manual.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post a picture!

Guessing it's like the A-717, A-757, A-777 but a US Elite version. Much like the A-71 is the US version of the A-858.

Post a picture! (please!)

A Pioneer Elite PLD-53 CD CDV LD Player feeds my McIntosh stack. Does a PL-707 turntable count as an Elite unit? Are there any Elite turntables? I'll post images soon.

There was a PL-90 Elite turntable. Very desirable and rare and not inexpensive. I'd like to own one someday.

Elite a51 Integrated

I can't figure the pic posting from phone. It appears to be the same as the 717 you mentioned. I'll post a pic soon. Does the 717 have a religion as a good performer? So far the amp sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks for your reply.

A-51 is not the same as A-717. A-51 is the same as A-777 and A-878, and is a 120V US version. A-777 was also produced in SD version for US military, with all voltages available. A-878 is 220/240V only version.
A-51 and A-717 have somewhat similar power amp section with two pairs of the same power transistors for each side meaning they produce about the same power. The main difference is in bias/non-switching circuit implementation. A-717 has Pioneer Non-Switching type III topology based on PA0016 chip found in all high end Pioneer amps of that era, A-51 doesn't have it, and resembles lower end A-400 series amps on that part. Among other things, A-717 has a better phono stage. There are more differences, all playing to A-717 advantage.
I would say A-51 is small a notch below A-717 IMHO.

By the way, there are no Elite turntables to my knowledge. The most fine PL-90 carried the Reference badge. Which understandably did not make her worse in any way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom