The Pioneer "eXclusive" Gear Thread!

Thanks for your inputs. I did visit the audio-database site and see all the information there. I can see that the M10 is a much later product than the M4s (M3 too but not M5) and it's priced lower than the M4s. However, specs wise, the M10 is much higher (better?) than the M4s, THD, Damping factor...Due to lacking of informaiton, I cannot compare them to the M5 or M7 to see if that really mean anything. A photo of the internal M10 to share and all I can say is: stunning...

Attachments

• m10(2).JPG
    m10(2).JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 92
I ha the chance to own a M4 and M3 and M5's ad never listened to an M10. Just looking at the pictures the interior looks as hi-end as the M4 and better than the M3. I think it was slightly less expensive than the M4. Certainly it's quite rare. Depending on the price even though I own a few other exclusive I'd still consider buying them.

If you happen to buy, please post a few detailed pictures...

Probably what they're worth. Technically a TAD based horn loaded studio monitor (TAD being Pioneer's professional speaker division). Rare and never sold here or in Canada.

Recently received this P10 from Asia, am really enjoying it!
7398f881.jpg

I have both the standard straight & curved arms, though I understand the straight sounds better (have not tried the curved). This unit is minty and doesn't look it's age! I can't imagine how big the P3/P3A's must be, this is a big table!
Sold my VPI Classic after setting this up. Really enjoying the music that flows from it...:thmbsp:

Recently received this P10 from Asia, am really enjoying it!
7398f881.jpg

I have both the standard straight & curved arms, though I understand the straight sounds better (have not tried the curved). This unit is minty and doesn't look it's age! I can't imagine how big the P3/P3A's must be, this is a big table!
Sold my VPI Classic after setting this up. Really enjoying the music that flows from it...:thmbsp:

Congrats on that fine machine! You got yourself a timeless piece of audio (over)engineering right there.

Nope; C7a and M8 where the officialy last produced items; around the end of the nineties.

I may be wrong but the M8 were available till the 2002s or after according to Pioneer Japan.

C7a probably was also available for special order till then.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Exclusive2.jpg
    Exclusive2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
@ megasat: I'd say you are right; they kept selling them very discretely untill late 2003, maybe even 2004.. The numbers that sold every year where probably very insignificant. Real marketing stopped around 1999/2000.

@ Speakerbox: Hard to tell for me since I never heard McIntosh.. but I did hear Mark Levinson. My opinion is that this stuff is better than most build by ML at least.. the layout, build materials and parts used are generaly spoken higher quality. Nonetheless this is still also, more or less, a matter of taste.

Maybe it's best to conclude that the eXclusive line was, and is, right there at the top of the high end shelf together with alot of other material..

You can get some more insight if you look at some Japanese websites and TVK.

Tl-1601a & tl-1601b

Hi,

I have a pair of 2402s and procured a pair of TL-1601B drivers by mistake.
Out of curiosity, just wanted to know if they can be used on the 2402s since they have almost the same specs except for higher sensitivity (0.5db), output and on the TL-1601b.

I'm not technically inclined and this may be a dumb question but does the higher wattage output (500W vs 300W) of the 1601b mean that bass will be stronger?

I have linked the specs for both below:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/45/200/1083/TL-1601a/specs.html
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/45/200/1083/TL-1601b/specs.html

If its not a good idea then I'll have to think about selling the 1601b.

Any comments are most welcome.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jason

1601b

Jason,
I believe you should do just fine with the 1601b drivers: bass won't be much stronger, you are still using the same amp.. the sensitivity of these drivers is about the same as the 1601a version, so my expectation is that sound won't be much different at all..

Just give it a try and let us know!

Good luck!

I have done exhaustive google searches of "Pioneer Exclusive for sale" nothing.

Where is the secret Exclusive store at that people get this stuff? :scratch2:

I do not have 2 cents to rub together I am just curious about pricing and to actually see some of it for sale.

jwfabrie what rack is that where all you equipment sits on and how did you get your P3 (where etc)? How does the P3 sound? :D

Last edited:
the rack is a quadrasipre Q4L rack..
I got the P3 in Japan, about the only place to find them for a decent price.

With regard to sound all I can say is; this is among the top TT available!!

Back
Top Bottom