1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

The possible end of cheap shipping from China

Discussion in 'Packing & Shipping' started by mr_light, Oct 19, 2018.

1. mr_light

mr_light AK Subscriber Subscriber

I hope this will not become a political discussion, but will just be a heads up for those of us that buy many little electronic bits and pieces from China. If the China ePacket subsidy is eliminated then the days of ordering an audio cable for under two dollars shipped from Shenzhen will be over. For those that order a lot of small items from China should keep track of this possible change. If you search on "End of Cheap Shipping From China" you can read all about it.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Bob

Bob AK Subscriber Subscriber

agree - this will cause a major increase in shipping costs.

3. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

An observation and not a political statement either way. Now that the tide has changed this past Tuesday, I think trade with China will become less of an issue. I can't speak for others but I enjoy buying items from China and hope the "End of Cheap Shipping From China" is not upon us.

4. mr_light

mr_light AK Subscriber Subscriber

5. Bob

Bob AK Subscriber Subscriber

maybe, maybe.

China, resellers everywhere, Amazon, etc will find more "optimal" and more "efficient"
    ways to ship to the US.

I just received Chinese-made goods at that same old "inexpensive" rate but with US
    return addresses. I suspect this is all planned.

if something is made in China, using parts made outside the US, assembled/soldered
    outside the US, then why is it unfair to US sellers who have no design/manufacturing/
    assembly/shipping skin in the game. anyone want to pay a 100% premium for the
    CEO's total emolument?

I buy American. but it's now a big challenge. shirts, shoes, outerware, all now made
    you know where.

I'm looking for carts, tubes, classical LPs,

where in the US? someone, anyone...