The Prefect Weapon (2016) A colossal Steven Seagal Turkey

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
The Perfect Weapon (2016) is to date the worse Steven Seagal action movie I have yet seen. It is so bad that you watch it just to see if it gets any worse and it does. This is a dystopian action movie that rips off just about every such movie that has come before it. In this one Steven Seagal emulates the Kung Fu battles that featured Jabba the Hutt. The best part of this movie is the end credits. I would tell you about the plot but I am still trying trying to figure out just what it was. Some bald assassin called Condor runs a foul of "The Director" (Steven Seagal). The whole movie is this assassin running around with every one trying to kill him. .There is one thing in the movie that is hillarious the "Geisha girl" (girl?????) at the beginning. I was really entranced by the Kokyu (Japanese Fiddle) that sounded like a Koto she was "dancing" too. .

This movie poster is grounds for false advertising. :thumbsdown:
MV5BNzZlYWNmYzItMTVlMC00MDNlLWI3MzEtNGE1Njg4ZmZiMWYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjE4ODM4MjI@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
I feel compelled to mention 2 enjoyable Seagal action pics, Above the Law and Under Siege, all boxes checked.

I also feel compelled to say "What the hell happened?". He actually looked to be moving into Schwarzenegger / Stallone territory, briefly.

My favorite Seagal. It's got everything. Action, sheep, fighting, beer, beautiful women, beer, did I mention beer?

I feel compelled to mention 2 enjoyable Seagal action pics, Above the Law and Under Siege, all boxes checked.

I also feel compelled to say "What the hell happened?". He actually looked to be moving into Schwarzenegger / Stallone territory, briefly.
I'll add The Glimmer Man to this list,actually a solid Seagal flick.

Ha! I was just the other day laughing at a trailer for one of his recent movies. It's hard to believe he keeps making them. This one looks like a master class in bad acting, bad directing, and bad production. After watching this, I thought for a minute it was actually a parody. Maybe it is, and he's just not in on it?

Still, pulling off even a bad action movie at 65 isn't bad.
As bad as this movie is it is still very entertaining. If you look at the credits to this movie most of the top billed actors where listed as executive producers which means they kicked in money to make the movie. I get to the idea that this movie was a tax write off for them. I purposely look for movies like this.

... not that I ever watched Seagull for his acting abilities ... was more into the kick a$$ and don't take names tradition of the older flicks. Often wondered who had more fight minutes on screen ... him or Jackie Chan.

I have to say, I never thought I'd admit that I liked a Seagal movie.* However - somehow I saw Exit Wounds and liked it. Even bought the DVD. Exit Wounds is second only to Under Siege in receipts.

* No offense. His plots (to me) seem to be predictable - like he remakes the same story over and over.

As bad as this movie is it is still very entertaining.....

We should start a thread of movies that are so bad they are good.
Watched this one last night:
Survivor-2014.jpg

I laughed at a lot of spots that I shouldn't have been laughing but it was the perfect 'after a long day at work' movie. And it was streamed free so the price was right.

Back
Top Bottom