The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Paris_1980_AampM_CS-6702_E.jpg

Paris

Supertramp

1980 A&M CS-6702
Recorded on 29 November 1979 at Pavillon de Paris, Paris, France.

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

I've been on a Brubeck kick lately, and I figure I'm in this far - I might as well just keep going. So here is another Columbia six "eye" from 1957 - CL 1034.
Jazz Goes to Junior College. The DB Quartet - Brubeck, Desmond, Bates and Morello. When they started the only reason they named the quartet after Brubeck is his name was the most well known in the venues they were playing.

Junior COllege.JPG

It's hard to be a live Brubeck,
I've been on a Brubeck kick lately, and I figure I'm in this far - I might as well just keep going. So here is another Columbia six "eye" from 1957 - CL 1034.
Jazz Goes to Junior College. The DB Quartet - Brubeck, Desmond, Bates and Morello. When they started the only reason they named the quartet after Brubeck is his name was the most well known in the venues they were playing.

View attachment 935048
It's hard to beat live Brubeck.

It's hard to be a live Brubeck,

It's hard to beat live Brubeck.

Brubeck and Desmond just were so together. Its like each just knew what the other was thinking, and where he was going. I only saw him live once, and that was after Paul had passed away, but the group still could swing, and Brubeck was obviously having a ball.

Dave Brubeck and Jay and Kai recorded live at Newport on July 6, 1956. Columbia CL 932, six "eye" of course, and mono. Side one is the Brubeck quartet, and side two is by the J.J. Johnson - Kai Winding Quintet. The quintet is unusual in having two trombones, and a rhythm section with Dick Katz on piano, Bill Crow on bass, and Rudy Collins on drums.

Dave Jay and Kai.JPG

Metallica
Rasputin's Music
San Francisco, CA
14 April 2016

* Live in-store performance on Hardwired... release day.

Back
Top Bottom