The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Many of the bands that performed on TV shows in the 60's lip-synced. I just stumbled across this video of The Association on The Smothers Brothers. They are playing and while it's kinda hokey it's also pretty cool.

38793101480_4a63261875_o.jpg

A Man and a Woman

Isaac Hayes & Dionne Warwick

1977 ABC / HBS # AB 996
Recorded Live at the Fabulous Fox Atlanta, Georgia

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

David Gilmour
Live In Gdansk
(Columbia, 2008)

*I could listen to this recording @ least once/week for years and still dig it.

The Concert for Bangrla Desh
(Recorded August 1, 1971, at Madison Square Gardens, NYC)
George Harrison (and many friends)
Apple Records (I'd type in the number, but the cover is across the room)
(12" stereo 3-LP set)

Still very listenable. They used as many as 40-some microphones at a time to capture some of the tracks.

The Concert for Bangrla Desh
(Recorded August 1, 1971, at Madison Square Gardens, NYC)
George Harrison (and many friends)
Apple Records (I'd type in the number, but the cover is across the room)
(12" stereo 3-LP set)

Still very listenable. They used as many as 40-some microphones at a time to capture some of the tracks.
The reissue is nice, and with extra cuts.

Allman Brothers Band
American University
Washington, D.C.
13 December 1970

*Second listen in as many days.

I met a guy once who was a friend of the Allman Brothers, and since he was also a musician, sat in with them on occasion. When I met the fellow, he was hitchhiking across the country with his large black Labrador retriever. A friend of mine who coming back to college to visit me had picked up the pair along a highway and the three of them camped out in my dorm room for 2 or 3 days, which included an afternoon when we drove over to Delabar State Park, and tossed large pieces of wood out into the Mississippi so the dog could swim out and fetch them. The dog always wore a red bandana, and, when it wasn't swimming, a fedora-style hat, which had been given to the dog by a wino they had met in the course of their journey. When they left to continue their travels, they gave me the hat as a token of remembrance. I kept it for many years, and I might have it packed away somewhere still. So, that's right, I was given a the hat of a dog that was probably known by the Allman Brothers, the dog, that is, not the hat. I don't know whether they ever saw the hat on the dog or whether they knew the wino. Well, that's my example of only a few degrees of separation from greatness. I guess we all have them.

I met a guy once who was a friend of the Allman Brothers, and since he was also a musician, sat in with them on occasion. When I met the fellow, he was hitchhiking across the country with his large black Labrador retriever. A friend of mine who coming back to college to visit me had picked up the pair along a highway and the three of them camped out in my dorm room for 2 or 3 days, which included an afternoon when we drove over to Delabar State Park, and tossed large pieces of wood out into the Mississippi so the dog could swim out and fetch them. The dog always wore a red bandana, and, when it wasn't swimming, a fedora-style hat, which had been given to the dog by a wino they had met in the course of their journey. When they left to continue their travels, they gave me the hat as a token of remembrance. I kept it for many years, and I might have it packed away somewhere still. So, that's right, I was given a the hat of a dog that was probably known by the Allman Brothers, the dog, that is, not the hat. I don't know whether they ever saw the hat on the dog or whether they knew the wino. Well, that's my example of only a few degrees of separation from greatness. I guess we all have them.

Nice story Steve. Are you in fact from Illinois? I am.

Nice story Steve. Are you in fact from Illinois? I am.

I did live out of Illinois, in Indiana, for a few of my grade school years, and about 15 years back I lived in Wisconsin for work for 3 years or so. But both of those times I was within about 15 miles of the Illinois state line. I've lived in a few parts of west-central Illinois, and a few towns in northeastern Illinois.

I did live out of Illinois, in Indiana, for a few of my grade school years, and about 15 years back I lived in Wisconsin for work for 3 years or so. But both of those times I was within about 15 miles of the Illinois state line. I've lived in a few parts of west-central Illinois, and a few towns in northeastern Illinois.

I gotta lotta family in Indiana and Wisconsin too.

Back
Top Bottom