The Recorded LIVE Playlist

I have been loving this recording. The Band Live at The Academy of Music, 1971, released a few years ago.
Great 4 disc set. (I listen on Spotify...) The recording quality is great, and of course their live synergy and musicianship is fantastic. Also some great guest appearances by Dylan.

81Y40nVRoAL._SY355_.jpg

I have been loving this recording. The Band Live at The Academy of Music, 1971, released a few years ago.
Great 4 disc set. (I listen on Spotify...) The recording quality is great, and of course their live synergy and musicianship is fantastic. Also some great guest appearances by Dylan.

81Y40nVRoAL._SY355_.jpg

Veddy inteeresteeng. I need to find a copy of this one.

The Ramones
Cahn Auditorium
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL
13 October 1979

*This show will be 39 years old in four days (Saturday). Wonder if this show was performed, all those years ago, on a Saturday? Dayum time flies...

@Scuzzer,

How are ya ol' pal?

-M
Trying to find new music to listen to. Thinking I might hang around for a bit. And how are you?

Actually I'm in a rut, when push comes to shove I reach for the same 20 tunes I've been using for the last 10 years. I need a new direction to explore.

Trying to find new music to listen to. Thinking I might hang around for a bit. And how are you?

Actually I'm in a rut, when push comes to shove I reach for the same 20 tunes I've been using for the last 10 years. I need a new direction to explore.

Hi ol' pal o' mine. Like I wrote earlier, it's good to see you back w/ us, even if only for a little while.

About getting into some different music: one suggestion is that you explore the contents of several of the various "playlists", e.g., Experimental/Noise, "Live", "Progressive", "Classical", "Neo-Psych", "'60s-'70s" Psych" (I can never remember the excat title of this one, but if you track down the "today's playlist" entries by member @bobsvinyl, MANY of Bob's posts will lead you to the "vintage" Psych thread), "Twang", etc. Heck, maybe even "Today's Soul", my old thread, which is still pumping hard after, what, 10-12 years? In any case the listings @ these respective threads might lead to discoveries of (to you) new material you'd find enjoyable? Just my two kopecks. But anyway glad to see you back in action fella.

P.S. hey, maybe you could manage to revive Enrico Sonic's old "Guess The Album Cover" (or something to that effect) thread?

Last edited:
P.S. hey, maybe you could manage to revive Enrico Sonic's old "Guess The Album Cover" (or something to that effect) thread?
Technology rendered that thread dead, I figured it out when I posted a jazz album that had no reverse image hits but its vol 2 had craploads. Multiple guys spiked the ball on the wrong album.

Yeah, I'm an experimental/noise/ambient/drone type guy. I'll look up those threads but let's hear it from that crowd here.

Oh, I forgot. I like live music more than canned.

Looks like Enrico posted around a year and a half ago, beat me by a year.

Yeah, I'm an experimental/noise/ambient/drone type guy. I'll look up those threads but let's hear it from that crowd here.

That's what I recealled and why I listed it first among the "playlists". There is also a (separate IIRC) thread for Ambient material which, if IIRC, was started by @shrinkboy some years ago, but possibly after your "retirement" from this community...?

I posted quite a bit on shrinkboys ambient list. At least when I had something new to post. That thread has got to be way over a decade long

Tosca
(Puccini, 1900)

This recording:

Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
Vienna State Opera Chorus

Direction: Herbert von Karajan
Principals: Leontyne Price, Giuseppe de Stefano, Giuseppe Taddei

(Decca, 1962)

Back
Top Bottom