The Resurgence

I think that is still a system to be proud of, and I like the look of the Polk's. Tis a shame to have them hidden, but as you say, they are not permanent...the frames that is:thmbsp:

Cool cassette player!!

It really is a nice player, its a Marantz 5400. I spent quite a bit of time just getting it to play again, but what can one expect for a $5.00 purchase. Hell it's worth $5.00 just for the cool factor IMO.

Marantz and raves

I have a 5400, too, and have more fun with that mixing deck. Congratulations on weathering the storm, and keeping such an upbeat attitude. :thmbsp:

Speaker Improvement

The Polks are far better than the old speakers you have prior to your "downsizing" so your new "reduced" system should sound much better than the original. Unfortunately, the most common failing in the audio world is that of paying far too much attention to electronics, wires, etc. at the expense of buying decent speakers. It's always been true and your old system is a perfect example. The Polks are far better speakers than average old floor standing speakers like your old ones so whatever electronics you use, it'll certainly sound better because the improvement in speakers overwhelms any possible reduction in performance of the electronics driving them.

The Polks are far better than the old speakers you have prior to your "downsizing" so your new "reduced" system should sound much better than the original.

Couldn't disagree more. While the Polks are some damn nice sounding speaks, the Cornwalls in the original setup were far better. That is to say they were for me, and that's what counts the most.

Back
Top Bottom