1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

The Rogers Owners Thread

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by Sansui77, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Sansui77

Sansui77 Khosaku Kikuchi's Grandson Subscriber

Hi Ak'ers.

Can seem to locate a Rogers thread so here it is unless someone can direct me to it?

I just happened to source a low s/n matched pair of Rogers Studio 1's in very nice shape with original factory boxes. Had some listening test over the weekend in my garage and I'm shocked at how great they sound. I also can't believe how much power they can handle for their size. I will be doing a restoration on them in coming weeks, including a full recap and a clean up of the cabinets.

IMAG0745.jpg IMAG0754.jpg
    IMAG0866.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sansui77 likes this.
  3. minio

minio New Member

It's getting harder to find these niche threads tucked away in a sub forum somewhere!

I (re) discovered the Rogers BBC sound five weeks ago when I received a pair of LS4a's for a bargain $ 130 in UK.

I'm luvvin the sensational mid range so much my old Neats (had for years) haven't been back on the stands.

I remember a dem in a shop of these speakers back in the early 90s, thinking that the bass might lack a little drive. Not so. I'm not quite the rocker I used to be so my musical taste seems to have evolved to accommodate the Rogers sound.

I'd be interested on how the recap goes.

Love the look too!

Sansui77 likes this.
  4. Sansui77

Pics??

5. minio

minio New Member

6. walloffound

walloffound Active Member

Just found these speakers, the build quality is very good. Im not sure if its somethng original or a copy there are no labels anywhere. The odd thing is the dimensions is 12” tall 7.5” wide and 9” deep? Anyone have an idea of what ive got here? The crossover looks home made

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Sansui77

8. walloffound

9. walloffound

Crossover seems maybe homemade

Attached Files: