The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

melbatoast

I know I should be adult about this but geeze i'm annoyed. Some guy had a nice TT for sale, decent history and 2 days before the auction ends he pulls the auction.

Man that bugs me...can anything be done apart from bitching to Epay.

ps..no it was not "Vlad". hehe

f4_1_b.JPG

Last edited:
I hate to say it, melba, but I've done this twice. I don't blame you for feeling a bit miffed, though.

Both times I had a pretty good idea what the items were worth, both times the buyers offered a *hefty* premium. This was the reason I ended them, though I've often got the impression some of them found a friend or someone locally who bought the item.

The first time was the guts a pair of speaks, so a couple of different auctions, I actually got hate email over it. The only time I ever had any threats from eBay, outside of a European guy who didn't like my "Thank you and God bless the US" at the end of my listings. (I emailed him back. After the body of my message I said "Thank you and God bless [his country]" lol. He didn't return the wish.)

Pete

You as many others have discovered, Ebay is not the perfect selling/buying place. Many loop holes, jerks and scams. Pulling an auction is one of the most abused options. Many times it's used to avoid the reserve auction fee. They list without a reserve and pull it (even on the last day) because they are not getting the money they really wanted. There is no restriction on selling an item outside of ebay and pulling the auction. Ebay still gets their fee for posting, so they don't care.

wjahn5 said:
I sthat an HK model? What model? What would be a good price for one?

yeah..it was a t60 or t55 i think..i've seen them go from $60 to $150...the more $$$$ ones had good cartridges though....

Late bidding hazard

I sometimes stop an auction when I have no bidders and sometimes I change my mind, however I never stop an auction with bidders unless it is to award the item to the high bidder.

I have stopped auctions because I did not like the bidders, like a bunch of newbies that are at war with each other and it becomes obvious that someone is going to get pissed at the end so rather than fight trying to get my money I have ended it to avoid the bloodshed. Those times are rare but sometimes they happen.

I have never stopped one to avoid fees as that is part of the process. However whenever I have an auction going I am also actively trying to sell the piece and sometimes I get my price outside of eBay.

Usually if I am trying to buy something and there are no bidders I will open the auction with a minimum bid to "Spike" it or make it harder to cancel. One of the hazards of late bidding or sniping. . . It is some better now for the seller as you get to see how many people are watching your auction but before if there were no bids and no emails from interested bidders you had no idea what was going to happen.

eBay is a hobby for me not a buisness. Perhaps if it was a buisness I might do it differently. Truth is I cant afford to loose a 100 dollar item for a 1 dollar opening bid. Usually I set my opening bid close to what I would let it go for if I had too. Still it is tough to let that item go for almost nothing.

eBay works both ways. . . Sometimes the buyer gets the deal and sometimes the seller. . . There are two sides to this issue. . .

melbatoast said:
I know I should be adult about this but geeze i'm annoyed. Some guy had a nice TT for sale, decent history and 2 days before the auction ends he pulls the auction.

Man that bugs me...can anything be done apart from bitching to Epay.

ps..no it was not "Vlad". hehe

f4_1_b.JPG

Back
Top Bottom