The SL-110/Sl-1100 and SP owners club.

68custom

Addicted Member
Lets see how many of us own a SL-1100 or SL-110 and if the SP guys want to take part they are also welcome. Reason for this is the original SP-10 shares many parts with the SL-11xx series. Please post your mods and anything you feel is relevant to this thread. Here are a few pics of my SL-1100a its taking a break since I am painting the house. I have an old Grado on it now but plan on using my 681EEE as soon as I pick up a stylus for it.

So far we have
68 Custom
Panotaker
bktheking
totem
Stanton681EEES
JLange2010
62 Sunbeam
ripblade
bhebbel
targeteye
GoldSounds
Sound Harvest
bystander
sfrost

Attachments

• sl-1100-1.JPG
    sl-1100-1.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 271
  • sl-1100-2.JPG
    sl-1100-2.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Here are my pair of SL-1100A's and my vintage DJ setup. They are stock and have played in dozens of clubs and have played thousands of records. Only thing I ever done to them is oil the bearings a couple of times and sprayed Deoxit on the rotary pitch controls a couple of times. I keep the platters highly polished. The mixer is a restored Bozak rotary.
154813533.jpg

Nice job polishing the platter. Yes, Mothers Mag Wheel Polish and a couple of micro fiber towels is what I always use. The Crane Laptop Stand on my top shelf, is also highly polished.

I have had my SL-1100 for about 15 years or so, found it at a church thrift store. I was checking it out and so was another guy, ya know I tried to convince him that he should buy it and when he refused it went home with me. I did not know much about it but I did know it was TOTL or very close, and it was and still is close to mint!

Have one also that came from my partners parents, evidently her mom worked at an audio store doing the books back in the day. Includes additional rear counter weight,
dust cover and operating manual.

I havn't seen one in quite a while but remember seeing photos of a factory OEM Technics accessory wood skirt that really dressed the SL-1100 up much like what KAB offers for the SL-1200Mk2. Technics really overbuilt these very early direct drive tables which is evident with many of them still going strong 40+ years later.

I have also seen that awesome looking wood skirt, wish I had one! I think Technics also made a wood tone arm board for the SME arm?

Hooray, a thread about my turntable, after seeing so many others about every other Technics model. I have an 1100a, my first vintage purchase after getting into this hobby a few years ago. I had little idea of what I was buying, but the price was right and I knew that Technics tables were thought well of. Mine is a little beat up (I have photos of it in an album here if anyone cares to look) but it works perfectly. I put a Nagaoka MP 110 on it and it sounds great. Currently it is in my son's system, having rotated out of my main system in favor of a Linn Axis, which has a much higher WAF. But the 1100 has a bombproof feel, as opposed to the Linn, and I'm sure it will be back in the main system some day after the Linn disintegrates. Though both of them will probably outlast me.

BTW, mine has the wood skirt. For those who haven't seen it, it is a very simple thing and would probably be easy to duplicate. If there's interest, I might actually spend some time some day removing it and making measurements, etc. so that people could make their own if they wanted.

I am going to polish my 1100a today pictures later..
the 1200 owners page has over 100 pages, wonder how far this one will go?

BTW, mine has the wood skirt. For those who haven't seen it, it is a very simple thing and would probably be easy to duplicate. If there's interest, I might actually spend some time some day removing it and making measurements, etc. so that people could make their own if they wanted.
that would be great!

Back
Top Bottom