The Spendor Thread..

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by Bigerik, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Helom

Helom New Member

Spendor recently updated its website. Apparently they made some revisions to their entire Classic line.

2. Pilsern

Pilsern New Member

Did the Spendor BCIII have some kind of "foam" in front of the midrange driver ?
    I believe to have seen pictures of it, and there is some residues of acoustic foam inside the BCIII speaker front/grilles...

Thanks in advance

3. stamir

stamir New Member

I have a pair of Spendor A5 in dark walnut, along with my Heco Direkt.
    A5s are a joy to listen to. They are able to fill a large room like mine (40 m2). All the reviews are right, fantastic sound, speed and "endlessly listenable".
    They work well with a wide range of amps. But i once tried them with a Naim Nait XS from a friend. They sounded bad, no sparkle, no punch, poor midrange. I dont know why. We tried them in his room as well but same result.
    The best sound i've heard was when paired with Sugden A21SE. Just 30 W of class A so you need to be careful with the volume. It was the most organic sound ever. I can really describe it as liquid.
    Some of the best speakers ever. As they are now discontinued they can be had for a very good price and are speakers for a lifetime.

Art K. likes this.
  4. stamir

stamir New Member

Oh, and if you come across a comment like "polite sound" just ignore it. It means they sound just right. Other speakers may sound exciting on a short demo but once the thrill is gone you will be left with a fatiguing sound and a wish to change. Much like going home with that hot pole dancer and ending with someone unable to articulate a conversation.
    Spendor is one of the very few makers that never made a bad sounding speaker in any of their range.

DOBIEGUY and macgolf like this.