The Thatch man just stopped by!

THOR

Fearless Prophet
Thatch and his lady companion just stopped by for directions to a good meal and a restaurant and a hotel, after they eat and settle in he's gonna come over and hang out for a bit! I wish I could had him come in for dinner but we had the kids and were just about to eat and didn't expect him :( I am kinda nervous cuz I'll hafta play my stereo for him and he will be the first true audiophile to really hear it. I hope it measures up so he don't come back to AK and give Pro Ac more ammo to pick on my poor CV's ;) I'll let you know how it goes!

Originally posted by THOR
I am kinda nervous cuz I'll hafta play my stereo for him and he will be the first true audiophile to really hear it. I hope it measures up so he don't come back to AK and give Pro Ac more ammo to pick on my poor CV's ;) I'll let you know how it goes!

Cool Thor...tell him we said hello...and I'd be willin' to guess that as long as you put some music on...he'll like it just fine. ;)

take care...and have fun! :D

Man that poor old Texas boy is a long way from la casa. Thatch is good people so I wouldn't worry to much. Just be your self....well almost yourself and have a good time.

Thats great Thor. See if you can get some pics of thatcher head banging along side the big CV`s :D

J

Thor,You have a great system. I'd say David is so laid back, he is visiting you not your CVs

A.

They just left and what a couple of great folks! My woman and his sat out on the porch and gabbed and me and Dave sat in the living room and played a few tunes and talked about gear and stuff. They're heading to Acadia/Bar Harbor tommorow and if the weather is nice and they dawdle they may came back up to Bangor tommorow night and go to Wacky Wednesday with us at the local speedway. If not they'll be heading down Rte 1 back to Boston and Cape Cod. I wish we coulda had the time and money to hang out and do more together but it was great to meet them!

Thatch was surprised at how large the CV's were in person and I think he liked the way they rocked, it will be nice that he can finally inform everyone that they do exist and aren't an internet hoax propagated by yours truly ;) He agreed that they are not like any other CV's out there and I think he was meaning the sound as well as their looks and size. He also agreed that the Altec Lansing Model 15's sounded very good with the vintage RTR alnico woofers in them. You'll all have to wait till he gets home to give you his impressions.

Sorry I couldn't take any pics cuz my camera needs some batteries!

Cool Thor! sounds like ya had a good time :)

We went to Bar Harbor about three years ago...nice place...we had a great time.

Cool Man

I love it when "on-line buddies" come over. Always fun. David is such a cool and knowledgable guy I'm sure a good time was had by all.

MikE

THOR, do yourself a favor and buy some monster rechargeable batteries. I got em for my camera and its a good investment. And since i sent in a testimonial video, im also getting a second set of batts and charger for free:D

Way cool Thor! Sounds like you and Thatch had a good time. Man, now I got a serious jones for some clam chowder!:)

We just really let it play kinda low in the background as we talked, I did crank a few songs to let him see the gist of what I describe. I played White Zombie's "Thunderkiss 69" pretty loudly for him ;)

Come'on

Thatch, I believe your the first forum member hear Thor's system. What's up? MikE

I don't think he gets home till around the 10th? Or were they leaving Massachusetts on the 10th? I can't remember ;)

Thatchmo was here, too!

He and Julia popped in the other night, and my wife and I got to treat them to what I think, and now maybe he thinks is the best clam chowder in the world. Mitchells, at the Airport Rotary, Hyannis, MA (Cape Cod)

We had a really nice visit. It was great to meet him after hooking up on line a while ago. I hope we can make this a regular event.

Made it back. Had a great time and it was lots of fun meeting online friends.
I think Thor's son was more excited about the system than his Dad. Which means a lot!! We didn't do much listening because we were talking so much but I will say that the Thunder God's system sounded great at any volume, there was no distortion and nothing missing. Those CVs were not only huge but very good looking as well. Lots of bass, with the built in subs. Lots of pretty lights to watch if your sitting in the dark too. Only drawback is the system needs a larger room, but that will be taken care of at a later date, I am sure.
Also everyone might be interested to know that there is a member of the household that goes by the moniker Thor but he is small, furry and has a high pitched bark.:headscrat :pawprint:
Derat also has an great system which we quickly verified and then forgot about as we were having so much fun talking. Morton's does have the best chowder in the world in case anyone needs to know where to find it.

Thatch how did your trip to Bar Harbor and the return down Rte 1 go? Make any finds in all the antique stores an such?

Per your suggestion I went out and bought the "Fellowship of the Ring" extended version (paid the extra $$$ for it cuz it has DTS ES 6.1) so I can play "the well scene" you described to show off the HT, actually going to watch it right now ;) Thanks again for stopping by I only wish we coulda had more time to hang with you guys, seems our women had a lot in common too, watch out for that hail! ;)

Woops! Mitchell's is what I meant.
Bar Harbour was a crowded tourist trap and since the tide was out Thunder Hole was out too. It never quit raining so we just toodled down 1 till we got almost to Portland then got on the toll road till almost to Boston. Next day was enjoying rain on Cape Cod, and enjoyed the rain in Chelmsford the next day untill we enjoyed the rain at Walden Pond enough to leave 2 days early. Flew home and enjoyed it raining yesterday in Dallas. Really enjoyed it as it hadn't rained in over a month and with the big trees I get scared of fire in the summer. Sometimes you just have to put up with hail to get a good rain, but none this time.
The amp I found in NH was it. My bag was searched as I knew it would be when they saw the huge transformers in X-Ray. The tubes were in my carry on for protection.

Back
Top Bottom