The Three, anyone have experience with it?

Delta17

I am slowly evolving, and require wireless option to ensure domestic tranquility. I am considering this unit/platform for the house and am wondering ...many things.

Has anyone used it? and if so, what were/are your impressions?

My primary concerns are lack of eq/tone adjustment, and playing well with other devises. As well as quality of Phono playback.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you used it to play vinyl? I am curious how records sound.

I am reading mixed things online, and don't always know the sources. Have you encountered an issues (to your ear) with the sound? too boomy / too thin / too anything?

The One doesn't have a phone input so I would not know. I just know that it sounds great. Fills a room with sound without breaking a sweat.

I read it as the Capitol Edition of The Three. Not The One. My error. Sorry about that.

Thanks for replying.

I bought a B-stock Three. Finish is perfectly fine but there is a some sort of crackle when playing certain sounds at lower volume which is unfortunate but it was a solid price otherwise. For sound it plays amazingly well for such a small unit. I would suggest against playing very low end bass-y rap and the likes. Sound goes haywire when you crank it up with lots of low end bass. With that said it is a bit bass heavy speaker but not over bearing. I think the dual passives it has is why deep bass can sound bad when cranked up but not certain. Seems to be one of the few high WAF speakers out there too so that's nice. If you can afford it I say go for it.

*I have not used the phono input, only standard aux and it is dead silent

Thanks, That is very helpful. I am really out of my element with wireless. The inability to reign in the bass could be a big issue for me. I had heard this elsewhere, hence my tone control concerns.
My rooms are small and seldom square. Getting the speaker far enough from a wall may not be practical for me to avoid the boominess.

While I have other concerns, playing at louder volumes is something I enjoy quite often.

I wanna come into the not new anymore century, preferrably not kicking, screaming or bleeding money. I'll settle for 2 out of three.

Back
Top Bottom