The truth about Dogg Digital Revealed !

Funny stuff! :D

Even funnier because you'd think that most folks would be TOTALLY put off by the name of the company. But apparently, this is not the case...

Dude! It's got phone input jacks - so, like, you can plug in your telephone???

Man, this hi-tech digital stuff is just too complicated for me I guess.

Oh well, at least we know they're better than Bose (says right there in the ad!). That makes me all warm and fuzzy all over...

Re: $34 for UPS ground shipping?

Originally posted by Markw
Why noy just send it in the usual white van?

Because they don't really want you to
know they are white van speakers.

The seller has changed Ebay user ID's 3 times in the last two months. I wonder what's up with that??

Originally posted by whell
The seller has changed Ebay user ID's 3 times in the last two months. I wonder what's up with that??

Very odd that his other auctions are for fairly respectable literary works, then suddenly he's shilling Digital Doggies. :wtf:

It had occurred to me that there might have been a hijacking going on as he registered in 2001 but hasn't done much with the account since.

Hmmm....

"Digital Dogg"-if they're trying to align themselves somehow w/ Snoop Doggy Dogg-well, that oughta tell you all you need to know about them. Don't waste yer money. Next case. -Sandy G.

Ahh, how would we get our laughs if it weren't for China's dogg digital line of audiophile speaks!!!!!

I heard that Chinas counterfeit market is the biggest its ever been! I will not buy any audio equipment from china any longer.

I'm just wondering if the white van speaker business is subsidized by the chinese mafia.:dunno:

DOGG digital

I remember DOGG digital for 20 years I think. . . I remember people who think they are fine loudspeakers not junk or White Van specials, however I have never owned one so I can only say what I have heard.

Re: DOGG digital

Originally posted by gyusher
I remember DOGG digital for 20 years I think. . . I remember people who think they are fine loudspeakers not junk or White Van specials, however I have never owned one so I can only say what I have heard.

I've heard some of their recent offerings. They're certainly not the worst speakers I've ever listened to, but I didn't find them enjoyable. "Mild crap" would be a good description, IMO...

Re: $34 for UPS ground shipping?

Originally posted by Markw
Why noy just send it in the usual white van?

their branching out and using a different whitevan..........

The one from the post office.:D

E

DOGG digital

I have a friend who I have mentioned before who auditions interconnects and speaker wire for a living, of course his system is outragious. . . I mean in a good way all Dane speakers "Evidence" I think very high dollar 80K+. . . I remember the first time I saw DOGG digital while thumbing thru some mags at his house and I broke out in laughter at their name. . . I mentioned that who in hell would buy this crap??

Well I was corrected real quick and was told they were a serious speaker company that made good gear for what they made. . .This was at least 15 years ago so we might not be talking about the same folks I dont know,. . .I do remember him getting hot under the collar when I put them down. . .

2K each

these are 2000.00 each. . . Dont look like white van speakers to me. . . But what do I know??

Beware of Chinese counterfeit speakers. I smell a rat, dogg. That eSpray auction does look fishy. I'm not saying the real mccoys are bad.

Last edited:
They look impressive in the pics. It's seeing them in person that makes one start smelling rats - the drivers are knockoffs of European drivers. And any speaker that says "Digital" or "Digital Ready" or whatever is automatically suspect. "Digital Ready" was a marketing whore's paradise...when most of the speakers marketed under that sticker couldn't touch a 1974 Large Advent if their lives depended on it.

Want a laugh? Knock on the cabinets of Dogg/Denmark/Barf-o-sonic/whatever....nothing to 'em! :D

TP

DD is pure EFFING crap. End of story, we all know it, those who don't - you have been warned.

End of discussion, don't make get my mod boots out and pull the parking break on this one. SURELY you guys have some better brands to discuss, no? Let's give it a shot. I can't believe this is nearing SEVEN HUNDRED views.

Move along, nothing to see here anymore.

Cheers,
Russ

Back
Top Bottom