The Truth Behind High-Res Audio

Does truth in High-Res matter to you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can post comments fine but want to add photos I have them on this smart phone it's a mac also have a IBM desktop and a digatel camera so I can do both , I know this be easy but for me it's not so assume nothing , thanks Harry .

To add a photo to a post, Click on More Options. You can then copy and paste a photo or photos to your post.

having watched this, i immediately signed up for the ftp access to download his demo tracks.

it occurs to me that what they really need, is a code system, like the CDs used to, where the recordings are coded with their origin and encoding process, like the DDD or ADD system of old.

*this post brought to you by corning cables.

Thanks for the video. I actually watched the whole thing, 65 minutes more than I wanted to spend, but I did sit through it nonetheless. All the points appear to be valid, and I don't see him as being exceptionally opinionated.

I don't think he is missing out on the great music sourced from tape, he's just adamant about calling things what they are, and sourced from analog tape is not hi-rez audio. As I recall, he was even toying with an idea of using analog tape in some of his releases because of the huge demand from his customers, but he wouldn't be able to call it hi-rez, which is what he is all about. It was a quandary for him, and I don't know if he ever pulled that stunt. I don't think Waldrep desires you to miss out on a lot of really great sounding material in your searches. He just doesn't want music that is patently NOT hi-rez to display a hi-rez badge in order for you to do a knee-jerk purchase in the belief that it is actually hi-rez. Desiring the industry to be clear and straightforward? I can't see a problem with that.

Yes, thank you.. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom