"The tubie thingy sounds better than this one"

Or maybe she's taking the advice of a recent Cosmo article, "how to show your interested in his hobbies." You could counter by saying how beautiful she looks in the tube glow.

Or maybe she's taking the advice of a recent Cosmo article, "how to show your interested in his hobbies." You could counter by saying how beautiful she looks in the tube glow.
Lol, if you knew her you would know that's not very probable, unless it's has Hot Rods, motorcycles, guns or dogs she is not looking at it. :biggrin:

My wife took my first tube amp all away from me. I had just finished it and was listening to it on my bench when she walked up behind me and told me how nice it sounded. Its hers now. But on the upside it opened the door for me to buy and build better tube gear. :thumbsup: She loves "her" little Maggie 175 console amp connected to her smart phone. :music:

My wife took over the 1st console I bought (65 Fisher Custom Electra, with a Hybrid Amp), which opened up the case of worms. We now have 13 or 14 consoles in a 1000sq.ft. rancher with basement. Most of them are FISHER's and only 2 that are Solid State (Astrosonics). When I told my Daughter in Law that the Grandkids are each getting willed a console and a receiver set up, she exploded "Over My DEAD BODY!" to which I very calmly and menacingly stated "That CAN be arranged". The grandkids love to play the different consoles, and have favorites already. Nobody likes the Magnavox's, but they all like different FISHER's. I even moved them around in the house, and the kids gravitated to their favorites like they had been in the new place the whole time.

My wife does help me out with her good ears.

Last week I put an old Hafler 9180 SS amp in my main rig mainly to make sure it was working after sitting idle for 20 years. It worked great and I was surprised how good my VAC Pre made the little amp sing.

BUT, my wife hated it and in less than a week she demanded I hook "the Big Amp" back up. She was referring to the Counterpoint NPS-400 Hybrid amp.

Back
Top Bottom