THE ULTIMATE EDITION 124 DEBUT

bob06

Addicted Member
IMG_0783.JPG IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0805.JPG IMG_0791.JPG Well you can see the Ultimate 124 is finally finished. Lots of work went into this build. People that have been following my threads know all that has been done to this 124. To much to list but the biggest mod was isolating the motor from the deck. Took lots of time and mockups to place the motor in the right place and to figure out how do it without modifying or destroying the original deck. As in all builds there is still some final adjustments and tweaks to finish. :rockon:

Nice! It looks great. Definitely worth waiting for! Don't forget to include a shot next to the others in your system.

:rockon:

Perfect color choice. Understated, elegant, and yet distinctive. Well done, Bob.

So how's it sound compared to before?

Perfect color choice. Understated, elegant, and yet distinctive. Well done, Bob.

So how's it sound compared to before?
Haven't listen to it yet. Just finished it. Will have to put it in place and do some adjustments before it sounds it's best. Also a brand new cart will have to be broken in. But what I can say is the motor is whisper quiet and no noise what so ever getting up top and the platter gets to speed in miler seconds with the new high torque coils.

I am a firm believer that color is less important than the quality of the job. You could paint that base purple and if done professionally it would look good in my eyes.

Anyway nice job Bob, as usual of course.

Thanks Guys, This is something I didn't have to do but I dying to see if I could decouple the motor from the table. And to do it I had to start from scratch and build a new plinth to be able to mount the motor to it. All and all it turned out great and it should sound the same.

Incredible work, thanks for sharing the build log and the beautiful finished product with us!

Back
Top Bottom