The ULTIMATE McIntosh restoration!

Patrice,

I assume this C11 is a part of the wonderful restoration of the MC75s you sent pictures of a few months ago.....

Way back in the day, after a few bottles of LaFite and Montrachet and after the important audio discussions like "how to measure your success as a manager or audio store owner" (wedding and newborn presents) Gordon would order his favorite aperitif ( a clear liquor with a coffee bean in it)and coffee and then hold us in rapt attention with his stories of his visits with his friends in Asia. Their reverence for vintage McIntosh was amazing. He was always thankful they also owned modern McIntosh equipment to use everyday besides the museum quality units that were only brought out for special occasions. That near reverence was so unlike the nagging criticism we would hear so often here locally.

My one experience with European audio and McIntosh was a fleeting conversation with a Thorens heir to complete the MC60 sale that Gordon arranged.

There must be some really motivated European collectors to pay for such a exceptional series of restorations. is this true across Europe? Our new friend from Brazil is faced with but one resource in a nation of over 200 million people. Is Mac really rare in Europe?

I know the numbers that Gordon expected out of the US, Europe and Asia, I have little clue what they expect to do today.

I am very impressed with your work.

C

Fantastic work but this will probably sound different than the original. For collection I wouldn’t buy this.

Well, along with AK'er Thierry, I'm beginning to believe these French guys have some heretofore unknown skills.

Jaw-dropping work. Hell, I'd like to listen to my favorite music thru crappy headphones while staring at that McIntosh. It is THAT pretty a job. Amazing. TRES' BEAU!!!!

Fantastic work but this will probably sound different than the original. For collection I wouldn’t buy this.

Although you are clinically right (this likely sounds far better for the reasons 62caddy mentioned) I'd buy it in a minute.

Also, WELCOME TO AUDIOKARMA!!!!

Simply gorgeous!!!! I wish I had that talent. I don't know how big the McIntosh following in Europe might be, but looking at the usual online sites getting hold of vintage pieces (tube or solid state) is not easy - and - of course - costly.

Amazing, actually that word isn't good enough to describe that! now I want one.....

Back
Top Bottom