The Vintage High End Separates Thread

I have an Audionics CC-2 - one of the first low feedback audiophile amps. Very sweet sounding,though I prefer the magical VFET sound my Yamaha B-2's that don't qualify due to the fact that Yamaha made gear for all types of people at all types of price points, and not just high end.

No, those don't qualify, you should get rid of those ASAP!

How much for the M-4?

My M-1 is lonely... :biggrin:
I was just happy to turn up a M-4. Not that the M-1 was exactly made in large numbers, but there seem to be quite a few M-1's around for each M-4. Sorry, the M-4 is a keeper for me....

I was just happy to turn up a M-4. Not that the M-1 was exactly made in large numbers, but there seem to be quite a few M-1's around for each M-4. Sorry, the M-4 is a keeper for me....

I knew that would be your answer!

Totally understand, I have many days when I can't wait to get home and fire up that old beast.

What are you currently running as a pre with it?

I am currently running an Integra pre amp, Epicure M-1 and Pioneer HPM 150 speakers.
I mostly use Google chromecast for listening and occasional CD.

I have been enjoying the Chromecast with Spotify and the streaming sounds very good with the M-1.
Used Rotel and Anthem prior to the M1 and the M-1 is in its own world.

Last edited:
I am currently running an Integra pre amp, Epicure M-1 and Pioneer HPM 150 speakers.
I mostly use Google chromecast for listening and occasional CD.

I have been enjoying the Chromecast with Spotify and the streaming sounds very good with the M-1.
Used Rotel and Anthem prior to the M1 and the M-1 is in its own world.
I agree with completely about the M-1. I ran several different Quad models and a Krell prior to the M-1 coming to roost. Maybe we should just keep it our little secret?

I agree with completely about the M-1. I ran several different Quad models and a Krell prior to the M-1 coming to roost. Maybe we should just keep it our little secret?

Fiddlefye,
Here's the secret.
When you no longer need to play the music louder to try to hear the "sweet" sounds, there is not one harsh nuance to be heard and simplicity satisfies.
Find this song.
Eva Cassidy, "Autumn Leaves" from Her Nightbird album live recording.
Wow!
She must be singing with the Angels now.....

S

When you no longer need to play the music louder to try to hear the "sweet" sounds, there is not one harsh nuance to be heard and simplicity satisfies.

I like the path you are on. I predict SETs mated with the proper speaker will be in your future.

Phase Linear PL700 Power Amp
Carver PM1.5 Power Amp ( When I used these 2 pieces I had the Yamaha C-60 and Carver CT-29V Preamps)

currently:
Luxman M-2000 Power Amp
Luxman C-1010 Preamp
Luxman M-02 Power Amp
Luxman CX-100 Preamp

Yes, the M-6000 and M-05 would be the big brothers that would be much better contenders on this thread but I'm living with what I have the best I can.

Probably not High End Vintage, but, I am very happy with my Audionics of Oregon PZ3 Amp, Advent 300 receiver as my Pre-Amp, JVC XL-V231 CD Player and H.H. Scott S10 speakers that I got yesterday. My Klipsch KG2 have been demoted! LOL!

Opus

How about Luxman's valve pre amps and pwr amp. in 1970 ?
CL 35
CL 35MK II
CL 35 MK III

MQ 36,
MQ 60
M150
M1600

They aren't cheap back in 1970s and some models are still quite expensive for now.
If combo is allowed, I would add these models:
SQ 38
SQ 38D
SQ 38F
SQ 38FD
SQ 38FD Mk2,

Back
Top Bottom