The Warriors - Chicks Just Don't Get It

I still love that song & love Joe Walsh. One of the reasons I watched the movie. I wanted to see how they worked the song in.
Well, it was a downer that they just tossed it in at the end. Seemed kind of out of place.

I still love that song & love Joe Walsh. One of the reasons I watched the movie. I wanted to see how they worked the song in. Well, it was a downer that they just tossed it in at the end. Seemed kind of out of place.

It grows on ya w/ time.

I enjoyed seeing the NYC night life. Pretty odd that there were very few people out at night. Maybe everyone DID get off the street in those times. Most scenes it was just the actors roaming around.

Also noticed that much of the time, the Warriors were running from trouble. Struck me as odd for a gang that was supposed to be tough.
They'd scamper out of danger and then look back and call their pursuers "chicken".

Was that simply because they were disarmed (until the bats) or was that was a message that, inside, gang-bangers are really frightened young men?

Probably because every gang in the city was hunting them.
Before everybody had guns:idea:.
Too bad the radio station got bought out by iheart radio. The soundtrack would have been the same 3 songs over and over today:D.
I think I was in my early teens (Maybe mid) teens when I first saw.
I remember getting chills when he was banging the beer bottles together.
Funny how your younger self perceives things.

Last edited:
All I remember from seeing that movie when it came out was that all the gang members had exceptionally well cared for teeth....that gang must have had a dentist as a member. Oh, yeh, they were Hollywood actors....

Strange how I remember this.

has anyone seen the TV version ? supposed to have scenes that werent in the the theatrical release

All I remember from seeing that movie when it came out was that all the gang members had exceptionally well cared for teeth....that gang must have had a dentist as a member. Oh, yeh, they were Hollywood actors....

If that's what you're looking for in a "gang" movie go have a gander at Hells Angels '69.

Netflix has it - DVD rental only, not "streaming" ...

On youtube there is a before and after location pics of the movie itself. New york sure has come a long way from those days.

My favorite biker movie is Hell’s Angels on Wheels. Wild Angels is also top shelf if for no other reason than Blues Theme.

Both excellent films. Born Losers is also somewhat interesting, what with, among other elements, the Billy Jack factor.

Back
Top Bottom