The Wharfedale W45’s just utterly destroyed my Polk Monitor 10B’s

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
For the very first time I used the very good onboard audio on my ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z ROG motherboard. It took me awhile to configure jRiver 24 to play with it. I could not get the WASAPI input to work. The on board drivers are Realtek High Definition Audio. The onboard audio is 7.1. It has a dedicated subwoofer output, hmmm :D

When It fired up my jaw hit the ground. I had been using the ASUS Xonar Essence STX SC but I had trouble getting the Xonar to play nice with jRiver 24. With the onboard system, it is a match made in heaven. Crystal clear audio, beautiful articulation, and tight powerful controlled Bass. I am hearing the little things. The orchestral soundstage is open you have a sense of where the sections are located, strings here, woodwind there, the brass in the back. Listening to Dhol Dogs by the Afro Celt Sound System incredible detail stuff I have never heard clearly on the 10B’s. These are 48-year-old speakers!!! :bowdown:

The W45’s are not a speaker that is going to fill up a dance hall but for a cozy manroom perfect.

Now I am wondering what will a W60E sound like. :idea:

Need to order another 3.5mm to RCA cable but I happen to have a Kilpsch subwoofer with a 12” speaker with several 100 Watts backing it wonder what the W45’s would sound like thus augmented. If it works I’ll get another subwoofer for the W45’s. This time an acoustic suspended Dayton.

I had a set of W60D's and they were incredible for jazz and classical stuff. I liked them enough that I didn't want to beat them up with rock so I found them a good home with a friend who is a self-described Jazzbo.

It is not wise to hook these W45’s up to the Yamaha it is just to powerful. But the 10B’s are going into semi retirement. I am looking at a pair.of Wharfedale Diamond 225’s. The reviews all remark about their clarity and articulation. This exactly what my W35’s and W45’s have. The 225’s can handle all of the power of the Yamaha. The Kilpsch can handle the bottom end.

Wharfedale Diamond 225
67DC66A9-373A-4EDE-8726-ACA4A266759B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom