The Who confirm first new studio album in 13 years

They use to be able to reach the people, it’s hard to stay connected to what’s going on when all you have been doing for the last thirty years is rehashing greatest hits albums.
This I kind of how I feel. It seems they never really progressed from playing music for young people. I will give it a listen but without high hopes.
Saw them in ‘89
RIP Mr Entwistle

to answer the 'question', the less interesting half of the band, imo.

Sure, it is your opinion, but IMO, to refer to Pete Townshend as comprising a portion of the "less interesting half" of The Who is, um, well I'm not really sure how to put it... For starters, they'd sure have produced a WHOLE LOT FEWER TREMENDOUS LPs AND NUMBERS sans Mr Peter Townshend.

I’ve had no interest in the Who since the mid 1970s (I was once a big time fan of the band and saw them several times in the 60s and early 70s) but I don’t begrudge them doing what they like to do. Musicians enjoy playing music, right?

The Who Confirm New Studio Album ‘WHO’ During NYC Gallery Performance, Share First Single

The Who have officially announced that they will release their new studio album, WHO, Nov. 22 via Interscope Records, marking their first new record in 13 years, and the legendary UK rockers have shared a preview of the effort with the first single, “Ball & Chain.”

I'm gonna pass on this attempt to turn off at least half their fans. :thumbsdown:

https://jambands.com/news/2019/09/1...g-nyc-gallery-performance-share-first-single/

Last edited:
The Who Confirm New Studio Album ‘WHO’ During NYC Gallery Performance, Share First Single

The Who have officially announced that they will release their new studio album, WHO, Nov. 22 via Interscope Records, marking their first new record in 13 years, and the legendary UK rockers have shared a preview of the effort with the first single, “Ball & Chain.”

I'm gonna pass on this attempt to turn off at least half their fans. :thumbsdown:

https://jambands.com/news/2019/09/1...g-nyc-gallery-performance-share-first-single/
Thanks for bringing that to us.
I think it will be received with open arms, the old fans will take it in like a breath of fresh air. And it will make new ones from the youngsters that were clueless.

Politics, not that they haven't dug into that pit before with good reason, but I have to agree with @jbrainey right now it's going to turn many people that are otherwise fans off. Did me.

Mark Gosdin

I’ve never purchased a Who album before and doubt I’ll buy this one but I’ll give it a listen. I’ve become late fans of bands before.

As a Who fan and favorite band I look forward to the new album. I was listening to the Ball and Chain song on Tidal and it is looking promising so far. That being said, the last album didn't do anything for me.

By and large, I'd concur.
but...
Here's one that (I would argue/opine) does. Just sayin'.
jp_tof_coverfinal_3000p_1_1518811301.jpg
Absolutely! Prine has a lot of great stuff and I consider this one to be one of his best efforts. Some real quality material in my humble opinion.

Sure, it is your opinion, but IMO, to refer to Pete Townshend as comprising a portion of the "less interesting half" of The Who is, um, well I'm not really sure how to put it... For starters, they'd sure have produced a WHOLE LOT FEWER TREMENDOUS LPs AND NUMBERS sans Mr Peter Townshend.
Entwhistle and Moon are frequently considered the best bass player and best drummer, ever. Townshend's good, but he's not that good. And Roger Daltrey has a decent voice but he's got no special abilities compared with someone like Freddie Mercury.

Entwhistle and Moon are frequently considered the best bass player and best drummer, ever. Townshend's good, but he's not that good. And Roger Daltrey has a decent voice but he's got no special abilities compared with someone like Freddie Mercury.

Disagree. Townsend is a great musician and excellent showman.

And no one, and i mean no one, could make a rock song sound angrier than Daltrey in his prime.

Disagree. Townsend is a great musician and excellent showman.

And no one, and i mean no one, could make a rock song sound angrier than Daltrey in his prime.
Yes, I'm a huge fan of The Who, but - Daltry hasn't been in "his prime" for a long time ...
and its been a long struggle without Ox and Moon ...
I might buy it if it sounds right - but I've got no interest in tickets for a live show.

Back
Top Bottom