The "Wow that sounds really cool on my system" thread

Kansas - The Prelude Implicit
View attachment 1009259
For a comeback album with mostly new members, the SQ and quality of the music impresses me more with each listen.

Man that track Refugee. That thing chills me to the bone every time. The harmonies on the vocals are sublime and the violin is awesome. It has potential to really kick off too, I wish they'd done a bohemian rhapsody and made it 12 minutes with loads of twists and turns.

Live orchestra and pipe organ
Samuel Barber - Toccata Festiva (1960)

I love what well recorded full symphonies and organs can do with the dynamic capability of a great system. Definitely separates the men from the boys in equipment.

This is one of my favorite classical tunes. I tend to like 'modern' classical like Copeland, Barber, Gershwin etc. The Ormandy/Biggs version on Columbia is a better performance, but a much worse recording. It was written to introduce a new pipe organ (can't remember where).

Someone posted in another thread Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii. I’ve never heard this until Today. The opening and echoes raised the hair on my arms and gave me goosebumps.should add that was on headphones, on my main rig it sounded terrible.

Last edited:
Must have the volume way up! The contrast between the chimes on melody and the synth base just makes me smile every time. It's not just for the holidays!

Larry Carlton, Sapphire Blue. The last cut "Take me down" is just guitar and harmonica, each has their own side, you can hear the attack of the guitar strings and mouth breath from the harmonia.

This is cool! And a nice track too! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom