The "Wow that sounds really cool on my system" thread

Heres one from way out there. The song itself is, well. "Interesting"

The bassline is kinda cool. Sub woofer workout!

This is one of my favourite classical vinyl LPs. At times a bombastic "f*ck you" to Stalin, and at others a heart-breaking elegy to the Russians devastated by the war, this is modern classical music at it's best.

The bass and snare drums, and gong, are particularly well-recorded. It is a good test of how well your system can resolve complex music and keep it all focused and coherent.

Another great classical piece for hearing how well your system can resolve loud, complex music. Best listened to on vinyl (if you want state-of-the-art digital, purchase a 24/96 FLAC download of Yannick Nezet-Seguin conducting his Philadelphia Orchestra, on DG).

Last edited:
tagaq-throat-singing
Here's a link for Tanya Tagaq

I rehearse with Tanya Tagaq tomorrow! The concert is on Saturday. I am so excited!

https://victoriasymphony.ca/concerts/tagaq-throat-singing/

tagaq-throat-singing

My favorite right now cranked up loud on my Sonus faber Liutos through Tidal and Audirvna software. Very dynamic song from the album JAMES FARM: JOSHUA REDMAN, AARON PARKS, MATT PENMAN, ERIC HARLAND

Beta band is cool. First time I heard them was on a night drive from BWCAW to St. Paul with my gf. Local public radio played their entire debut album. :music:

On my two channel rig, 'Dear Mr. Fantasy' by Traffic sounds almost surround-sound. Don't know what they did, or how they did it, but it's a very cool listen!!!

Pat Metheny sounding industrial?

This is from Imaginary Day. The track is really dense--there is a lot happening in it that will only be buried in lesser systems, especially when the distorted guitars kick into overdrive. (In the live versions, even Lyle Mays picks up a guitar for this one.) Then just as that burst of sound halts, you get the feeling you are floating in suspended animation. The very beginning of the track even has the tones of a dial-up modem buried in the mix. This song has more moods than an ex-wife's PMS. The surround mix is even more stunning. This is one album that makes good use of a subwoofer--there are times the sub will give the room a good rattling unexpectedly.

Picked up the new Primus: The Desaturating Seven, inspired by a weird children's book called The Rainbow Goblins..track 3 is my favorite..sounds thunderous on my system.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom