• Klipsch KF-26

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infinity (331051) 2006.6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnDoe101

Building Home Theater system from bartering, and local used deals

Through bartering I received a Yamaha R-N500, and a Onkyo A-9150 for a Home Theater receiver. I am not sure which one I want to go with.

I wanted to connect floor speakers, and local to my area there are Cerwin Vega LS-10s, Infinity (331051) which seemed to be model 2006.6 from looking up online, and Klipsch KF-26s all 3 the owner is asking $150 a pair for. The condition very good- like new for all 3 sets.

The Klipsch- K26s I found around $300 a pair new (when they were selling new). Best Buy has KF-28s for 250$ a piece. The Cerwin Vega LS-10s, and Infinity I could not find any used pricing for.

The Yamaha is a receiver, and the Onkyo an integrated amp. Do you have a surround capable AVR yet?

Of the speakers listed, the Klipsch KF-26s are probably the best of the 3. Good efficiency too. They should play plenty loud on the Yamaha or Onkyo. And I agree with Markshan, always find matching centers and surround speakers. That creates a much more coherent sound field, and helps the front image to pan and better blend together.

The Yamaha is a receiver, and the Onkyo an integrated amp. Do you have a surround capable AVR yet?

Of the speakers listed, the Klipsch KF-26s are probably the best of the 3. Good efficiency too. They should play plenty loud on the Yamaha or Onkyo. And I agree with Markshan, always find matching centers and surround speakers. That creates a much more coherent sound field, and helps the front image to pan and better blend together.

I ended up going with the Cerwin Vega's the Klipsch I couldn't find a time that the buyer could meet that fit my schedule, and he ended up being a little further away. In the mean time trying to find a time/place he sold them.

I was looking at an Onkyo TX-NR 676, and also a Cerwin Vega SL-25C center speaker.

Back
Top Bottom