Their Satanic Majesties Request Stereo/Mono LP & SACD set

I revisited this recording a couple of years ago, did not do anything for me, again.

Maybe I need to revisit a second time.

Mono mix is a bit more rock & roll. Genuine mix and not a fold-down. Stereo has its charms, too. "2000 Man" is a deep cut classic and I kinda dig the trance-like "Gomper." "2000 Light Years from Home" is, hands down, the best cut on the album (and better in stereo, IMO). TSMR is more Piper than Pepper, if you ask me.

Let me know when you complete the maze.

Played the Mono SACD this past weekend, I like the Stereo mix better. Mono mix is puncher but is much different then the stereo mix. Need to listen more as I had not heard this album since the late 1970,s and have never heard the mono mix till now.

I loved this album when it came out,still do. I would buy it but I'm waiting for a All analog Mono box set of The Rolling Stones catalog. The Last set released was not all analog.

This reissue also has 3-D cover. Looks like I am the only person on AK that has this reissue?

I have two versions of the vinyl LP. The original release which has the 3D cover. If I recall correctly, I think only the first few thousand copies originally had it. The later versions just had a regular cover.

It's pretty-cool that they decided to re-release this iconic album as an expanded SACD package with the hologram.

Back
Top Bottom