There are no words.

Speakers with faces are fun!
Pictures don't tell how musical they be -
we'd need that feedback from the OP.

I have a similar pair of Sansui SP X-9900 "kabuki". Frankly they sound awful with a complete lack of bass although they are gaining value steadily. I just hook them up for classical and have to pair them up with a pair of advent for rock.

Flashback to the Army in 1986... one of my roommates had a pair of these on top of his desk hooked to a cheapie Technics receiver. The other had a pair of Pioneers with led meters on his desk. OMG.

Never knew Yamaha made kabuki.I'll take them.Put them in my garage and stretch them like they've never been stretched.One a side note I've had a few pair of kabuki speakers and now have seen that they have gone up quite a bit in value just like all vintage.$200 for a pair is common.I used to pick them up for$20 use them for awhile and sell for $50.

Last edited:
Phhht. That's nothing. I posted these on AA a couple of years ago. What is hard to convey in the photo is the massive size of these monstrosities. The woofers were at least 18 inches. The whole speaker came up at least 4.5 feet AND when it was turned on, the whole thing pulsated with LED lighting. If they had one with green accents I would buy it for my Borg friends.

image9.jpeg

My Favorite speaker faces were always Westlake monitors ...

Westlake Face.png

Back
Top Bottom